Sr. Financial Analyst Production
Sony PicturesMiami, FL
Full Time Job
Sr. Financial Analyst Production
The Senior Financial Analyst provides administrative, financial and accounting support to the Sony Pictures Television Latin America Finance and Production Departments in the analysis, monthly process, reconciliation of financial operations and controls. This individual report directly to the Executive Director of Finance for SPT in Miami and works closely with regional finance production teams.
• Accounting for Production: Support financial reporting to Home Office and account analysis reconciliations. Analyze and review monthly development and production expenses. Reporting needs; including the review of management reports to Home Office. Assist with Accounting and Tax issues related to Miami and regional offices. Other duties as required based on business needs.
• Month End Close process: Work closely with Executive Director of Finance in the monthly close process by reviewing the general ledger for Miami, Colombia and Mexico, including Trial Balance Analysis and month end reports. Prepare and park monthly journal entries as well as provide corresponding source documentation to record revenue, expenses and eliminations.
• Business Reporting: Assist in preparation of budgets and forecasts to local management and Home Office including consolidated reports, Mid-Range plan templates and other reports for management.
• Accounts Payable: Oversee Accounts Payable for LATAM Production vendors and consultants ensuring prompt payments and compliance with SOX, COFA and internal company procedures.
• Pacing Reporting: Assist in the gathering of data from operations, for the preparation of the Production weekly reporting, including Production, Distribution, Business Affairs and Asset Management.
• Development Tracking & Reporting: Prepare monthly actual reports for management to track project status and spending.
• Territory Reporting: Support the preparation of internal controls, compare actual monthly reporting to budgets/forecasts, monitor on a quarterly basis internal controls, and other projects as necessary.
• Assist in the preparation reviews and analysis of the production budgets, forecast & MRP. Ad-hoc reporting as needed for Finance and operations team.
• Accounting, transactional and reporting – ensuring completeness, accuracy and timeliness of Sony month end reporting and compliance with US GAAP/IFRS and payments processed and approved in SAP accordance with internal policies.
• Supporting both Sony/GAAP/IFRS and statutory financial reporting for Distribution and Production entities in LatAm.
• Responsible for all Miami Overhead reports, financial planning & reporting, and oversight of development budgets.
• Compliance with all internal and external reporting policies, including tax compliance, COFA and SOX.
• Liaising with a team of finance professionals and oversight of SGBS-supported activities in Manila.
• Support the Greenlight of new shows/ funding memo process working with the Head of Financial planning as necessary.
• On an ad-hoc basis assist with the Financial planning, reporting, analysis, special projects and business development related to the Production lines of business in the Latin America region, including annual budgets and re-forecasts, mid-range financial plans, flash and monthly reports.
• Some travel may be required.
• 2 years of previous Accounting or Financial Analysis experience including monthly close and financial statement preparation and analysis.
• Strong Accounting Skills.
• Advanced computer knowledge is required. Advanced Excel is required (for analysis and financial planning), and SAP experience is desired.
• Strong organizational and analytical skills.
• Ability to operate effectively in a cross functional team environment.
• Ability to identify issues and appropriate resolutions.
• Strong level of communication and interpersonal skills.
• Detail-oriented, flexible and able to handle multiple tasks.
• Bilingual; Spanish required. Portuguese a plus.
• Entertainment knowledge helpful.
Bachelor's Degree required
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - FL - Miami