Sr. Analyst, Incident Response
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Sr. Analyst, Incident Response
The Sr. Analyst of Incident Response will conduct advanced computer and network forensic investigations relating to various forms of malware, computer intrusion, theft of information, denial of service, data breaches, and other incidents.
This role will work with the Security Operation Centre to rapidly assess, remedy, and/or refer incidents to proper resolution, as well as IT and other departments to identify root cause and develop corrective and preventive measures.
Additionally, this position will work with threat assessment peers to identify and make recommendations to the Incident Response Executive Director to improve the security stance and incident response capabilities of the organization.
• Function as an Incident Response Handler by leading investigations into malware, phishing email and computer intrusions. Based on investigative findings they will independently direct IT and other departments to take corrective actions. After action reports will be created and preventative actions identified and communicated it Infosec leadership.
• Conduct advanced computer, mobile and network forensic analysis and investigations relating to various forms of malware, computer intrusion, theft of information, denial of service, data breaches, etc. Based on the analytical findings the analyst will direct next steps in the investigation. Maintain technical knowledge within areas of expertise via formal training and self-education
• Perform malware analysis
• Assist with internal IR projects as assigned
, Years of Experience, Specialized Knowledge or Skills Required:
• BA preferred
Preferred Years of Experience:
• Preferably 1 to 3 years experience
• Forensic Tools: EnCase Forensics / EnCase Enterprise; Access Data Enterprise / Access Data Mobile Phone Examiner / FTK / Cellebrite / EIF / XWays / Paladin Forensic Suite / WinHex
• Forensic Hardware: Write Blockers / Atola Insight / DeepSpar
• IR Tools: FireEye HX / Splunk / Volatility / Volcano / Mandiant Redline / Cuckoo / VirusTotal / Wireshark / Palo Alto
• Ticketing Systems: ServiceNow / Jira
• Zimperium / McAfee Endpoint Products / Qualys
• Hacker techniques, tools, and motivations
• Operating systems (Windows, OS X, Linux and UNIX)
• Network architecture (firewalls, routers, switches and load balancers)
• Security technologies (IDS/IPS, advanced endpoint protection, AV)
• Applicable data privacy laws (GDPR, etc.)
• Analyzing file system images, memory images and network packet captures
• Preserving evidence for law enforcement / legal
• Excellent log analysis skills
• Using commercial and open source security testing / vulnerability analysis tools
• Problem solving with missing information while under pressure with short deadlines
• Analyzing/Recovering data from: NTFS / FAT / EXT / HFS / APFS
• Dynamic malware analysis and indicator extraction
• Indicator pivoting, tracking and analysis
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks rapidly, formulate a plan, respond quickly and communicate with customers and leadership
• Generating both technical and executive reports and briefings
• Working with and communicating with lawyers and privacy officers
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios