Spring Intern - Data Science
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Data Science Intern, CORP - Spring 2019
The Sony Pictures Entertainment Internship program offers a unique opportunity to work alongside the teams that come together to create movies, TV shows, and other great experiences. These seasonal paid assignments provide meaningful and productive work that allow you to build your resume, experience and develop your skills further. You will be provided with challenging tasks, real-world experience, valuable networking opportunities, and many educational and social opportunities while on the lot. This Spring internship is from January to May. All candidates must be able to work between 10-29 hours a week.
The Production Application Systems (PAS) team is responsible for supporting IT applications and initiatives in the production process from Creative through Post Production for Motion Pictures and Television. Included in that is the Data Science project that allows us to gain more value from existing dataset and build a better data architecture to support efficient BI reporting.
The intern will act as a Data Science project lead to support the ongoing initiative to:
• Establish new BI infrastructure and data lake architecture for our key business stakeholders: TV Production Finance, MP Production Finance, MP Business Affairs, MP Finance, MP Legal Affairs
• Understand and integrate separate data sources to improve the BI reporting efficiency
• Analyze production data from all sources and give insights to guide on better decision making
The intern will learn:
• Understanding of the IT infrastructure and data architecture built beyond the operation of a Hollywood studio
• Gain experience learning and using R/Python, Tableau, Alteryx, for elegant data preparation
• Create SQL materialized views for optimized performance of data visualizations
• Create algorithms for statistical tests, keywords matching, text mining, forecasting, cluster analysis, etc.
• Masters degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Data Analytics/Informatics and/or Business Analytics, or a related discipline
• Experience with Algorithm Design, Statistical Data Analysis, Database Management, NoSQL databases
• Excellent proficiency on SQL, R/Python, popular BI tools like Tableau and PowerBI
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios