Senior Production Accountant
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Senior Production Accountant
The Senior Accountant provides financial support and analysis for Sony Pictures Television Productions. This position is responsible for all financial and accounting functions related to production inclusive of cost reporting, forecasting/cash flows, production accounts payable and payroll processing, general accounting and ad-hoc analysis. The Senior Accountant will work directly with the Production Executives, Producers, Production Managers, Coordinators, as well as with vendors, clients, Finance Management and Business Affairs.
• Manage all financial aspects of production accounting: including budgeting, cash-flows, cost tracking, variance analysis, forecasting estimated final cost (EFC), profit analysis, production quota and productivity reporting, business licenses, property taxes and ad-hoc analysis.
• Budgeting and cost tracking television production (Development, Pre-Production, Production and Post Production phases)
• Prepare weekly Estimated Final Cost (EFC) forecasting, cash flow forecasting, variance analysis, reporting and miscellaneous journals and account re-classes
• Processing Development Term Deal and Pre-production payroll and accounts payable
• Prepare reports for production
• Review weekly reports for accuracy and making reclassification as required
• Analyze cause of variances
• Review, code and approval purchase orders, invoices, petty cash, procurement card expenses, travel authorizations, etc.
• Prepare audit backup to support all show expenditures as needed
• Audit production time cards
• Labor tracking
• Perform complex financial analysis on an as needed basis
• Additional production related accounting functions as requested by Finance Management.
• Ability to manipulate large amount of data into concise and informative reports for
• Sr. Management
• Bachelors degree in accounting/finance degree
• Production Accounting experience
• Entertainment Industry experience and knowledge of studio environment
• Advanced MS Excel/Access knowledge
• Working Knowledge and prior experience with SAP/Vista
• Working knowledge of TV production and TV production accounting
• Strong accounting / audit knowledge
• Knowledge of Guild and Union Payroll – SAG/AFTRA/DGA/WGA/IA
• Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects
• Experience working in an entertainment company or for entertainment clients, preferably TV production accounting
• Strong follow-through on all projects; ability to bring projects to timely completion
• Ability to perform tasks with reasonable independence
• Ability to quickly grasp new concepts
• Ability to problem-solve
• Detail-oriented; strong organizational, analytical skills
• Ability to work well with others in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios