Senior Producer, TV Digital Networks
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Senior Producer, TV Digital Networks
Join a fast-growing international television Digital Media team and work on websites and applications from all over the world on such brands as Animax, AXN, Sony Entertainment Television and more! Reporting to the VP of Digital Networks and working closely with the Technology, Ad Sales, regional site managers, and third-party vendors, the Sr. Producer will focus on creating digital products to support SPT Networks' worldwide.
A successful candidate has experience developing compelling and entertaining experiences for the web and mobile. They can work in a global cross functional team environment and be an expert at digital product development and production. Must be a self-starter, highly organized, be driven to create quality product, and have a keen attention to detail.
• Originate, lead, and manage web, application, social and digital platform product development projects from initiation, deployment, and live production.
• Manage the complete portfolio of digital product development focusing on TV programming and network goals, including digital platform stunts, social media plans, marketing asset development, mobile, social and web site applications features.
• Establish the product and content strategies, including creating digital programming road map, consulting clients on available technologies, presenting marketplace trends, provide recommendations, and leading the definition of future opportunities in the space.
• Establish and own industry relationships with social media services, development partners, software manufactures.
• Lead creation and development of content along with programming content for live in-market products. CMS entry and editing as needed.
• Create product requirement documentation for enhancements or new products including business requirements, functional requirement, use-cases, user stories, wireframes, and presentation materials.
• Develop request for proposals and project plans
• Lead and direct third party vendors and developers to successful product completion.
• Manage routing deliverables to internal and external stakeholders.
• Serve as primary point of contact for product development, ensuring all stakeholders are kept informed and up to date.
• Supervise and manage budgets, insure vendor payment and identify financial efficiencies.
• Lead the global deployment process for products developed.
• Lead and develop relationships with third party studios from which network content is licensed and facilitate the acquisition of assets that support priority shows.
• Lead the creation of persuasive presentations in order to sell through ideas and concepts to worldwide network stakeholders
• Keen interest in digital pop culture and emerging technologies. (Web 3.0, Mobile Products, Social Media, Video and Entertainment Sites.)
• An enthusiastic user of new technologies, i.e., an early adopter.
• Solid understanding of web and mobile technology; 5-7 years of experience involving product development and production.
• Competent in leading and managing projects, including complex, dynamic web sites, touch screen, mobile and tablet functionality.
• Proven ability to multi-task and manage multiple complex initiatives simultaneously
• Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate issues and report project status to a diverse non-technical audience
• Ability to troubleshoot and keep a project on track a must
• Must be detail oriented, quality driven, straightforward, self-motivated and proactive.
• Experience mentoring other team members
• Self starter who is able to work independently and communicate back to the team. Managing up is a must.
• Must be interested in TV
• Must be a team player
• Technical knowledge involving project development tools such as Drupal, JIRA, analytics tools, video CMS.
• Multi-lingual a plus
• 4 years of education required, bachelor's degree required
• 5-7 years work experience within the digital industry working directly on one or more of the following: Messaging, Web, Video, Applications
• 5-7 years work experience within the media/television industry
• Experience managing web or application development teams is a must
• Knowledge of Drupal 7.x or a similar CMS is required
• Knowledge of iOS and Android development is required
• Experience with Agile and SCRUM is a bonus
• Experience with content creation is a plus
• Must maintain an entrepreneurial mindset
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios