Senior Manager - Property
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Sr. Manager, Property
Sony Pictures Studios seeks highly experienced Set Designer to manage the studio's Property & Set Dressing Rental Department.
Candidates for this non-union management position must show extensive production experience in television and or motion picture set dressing. A deep knowledge of furniture history and interior design styles are a requirement as this position's primary function will be the culling and selection of the rental inventory and the marketing of that collection to your peers.
This is an ideal position for someone looking for corporate benefits and the creative freedom to curate a dynamic rental inventory.
Sony's Property Department has over 80,000 sq. ft of contemporary and vintage set dressing, hand props, fixtures and drapery with new assets arriving regularly from Sony productions. We offer highly competitive rates to Sony and third-party productions.
• Selection and culling of set dressing and property assets.
• Curation and layout of warehouse inventory.
• Marketing and sales to active productions and commercials.
• Management of Departmental budget.
• Management of administrative staff and Local 44 tradespersons under the Shop Foreman.
• Extensive studio level experience in television and/or feature film production.
• Strong knowledge of furniture history and design as well as current trends in decor.
• A great eye for design and a current knowledge of what Set Decorators are looking for.
• Hunger to improve and mold a world class prop house.
• Strong relationships with fellow set decorators, designers, shoppers and buyers.
• Sociable and comfortable with peer-to-peer outreach to promote our business.
• Ability to lead and motivate a diverse and dedicated staff of professionals.
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Entertainment Inc., a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies. For additional information, go to our website.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios