Senior Manager / Director, Distribution Sales, South East Asia
Sony PicturesHong Kong, HK
Full Time Job
Senior Manager/Director, Distribution Sales, South East Asia
Sony Pictures Entertainment is one of the industry's leading content providers in producing, distributing and delivering programming worldwide in every genre and for every platform.
Based in either Hong Kong or Singapore, reporting to the Vice President, International Distribution, the successful candidate will help drive Sony Pictures' television distribution business in the South East Asia region (Hong Kong, Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, Malaysia, Vietnam, Myanmar and Cambodia). T his individual will be responsible for structuring, analyzing and negotiating deals to optimize sales results and ensure revenue budgets are reached or exceeded, as well as advancing SPE's distribution strategies for the region. The role will require interface with a geographically diverse range of local and regional clients, as well as working closely with internal teams including Sales Planning and Operations, Finance, Research and Legal teams.
• Formulate and implement distribution strategies for SPT's full portfolio of content across traditional and digital media platforms (Free, Pay, SVOD, AVOD, TVOD and EST)
• Structure and analyze deal proposals, financial models, product availability data and content windowing scenarios
• Critically assess and evaluate negotiating positions and opportunities for content licensing deals with existing and new clients
• Apply relevant market based data and analysis in order to shape distribution strategy and sales priorities for the region
• Identify digital media and content consumption trends in South East Asia; assess opportunities that can drive growth in local emerging markets
• Maintain strong relationships with external clients and internal stakeholders
• Work on ad-hoc projects involving budgeting, forecasting and deal tracking
• Bachelor's degree together with at least 5 years relevant commercial experience in a management/leadership capacity, preferably in the media industry
• Strong experience in negotiating and structuring licensing deals, particularly SVOD, AVOD, TVOD deals
• High level analytical and commercial skills are mandatory, with the ability to interpret and make data based sales recommendations
• Clear and structured communicator in verbal and written modes
• Fluent in English; proficiency in a South East Asian language highly desired
• Ability to work in Hong Kong or Singapore office locations
Applications will be treated in strict confidence and information will be used for recruitment purposes only.
Sony Pictures Entertainment is committed to equal opportunity in all its employment practices, policies and procedures and to ensuring that no worker or potential worker will receive less favourable treatment due to any characteristic protected under applicable local laws.
HKG - Taikoo Shing - SPTI, SGP - Hansapoint - SPENA