Senior Manager, Business Planning
Sony PicturesLondon, UK
Full Time Job
Senior Manager, Business Planning
Reporting to VP, Finance and Supply Chain and working closely with Director, FP&A, this role's key responsibilities are across commercial planning, performance reporting and project evaluation/ decision support, while also contributing to control and monthly financial period close processes and third party relationship management.
• Alongside Director, FP&A, preparing UK Home Entertainment Budget and regular full year estimate submissions, enabling business to track performance vs target and previous estimates. Designing review templates to allow management to assess submissions in a common format across territories.
• Ownership of New Release (TGS) and Catalogue models, sourcing and updating defendable forecast assumptions, including price per account, account shares and costs per unit (COGS, distribution). Performing analysis on EPOS (sell-through) data to understand product lifecycle and market trends, for use in forecast models.
• Identifying key comparable titles by market (Physical, EST, VOD) to populate models with 50:50 forecasts, ensuring alignment with internal stakeholders (Commercial, Marketing) and demonstrating validity to external stakeholders (Home Office, UCA, STX). Providing Commercial targets and Marketing budgets based on these forecasts.
• Maintaining models with latest performance data, understanding the impacts of past performance on future performance and re-forecasting accordingly
• Producing comparisons between latest estimate and previous submissions, with commentary on underlying drivers of forecast change (for example in box office, genre, phasing, market change)
Commercial Performance Reporting
• Tracking actual EPOS performance vs plan and estimating monthly and full year impacts against target in net revenue and gross profit for management review, with analysis and insights explaining performance (title/customer related, volume vs price/costs).
• Supplying regular updates in title performance to Home Office and third party partners (Criterion, STX).
• Review of Commercial performance vs target by title for sales incentives assessment.
Project Evaluation/ Decision Support
• Title-specific scenario planning, considering potential movements in box office, release date, SKU configuration and release windows and quantifying GP impacts to provide recommendations for release approach.
• Post mortem evaluation of title-specific release strategy (release date, windows, SKU configuration) in partnership with Marketing and Commercial teams to contribute to ongoing process improvement and policy reviews.
• Assessment of potential third party content acquisitions, providing forecast Sony return and recommendations for deal structure and managing approval process (COFA).
• Evaluating third party sublicensing proposals, checking rights, clearances and materials are in place, judging MG and royalty offers against an independent forecast and partnering with Marketing to review title potential before making recommendations on next steps.
• Supporting various business functions in ad-hoc analysis, for example providing assumptions updates to Home Office for central planning, assisting in quantifying GP opportunities of initiatives
Control & Monthly Financial Period Close
• Regular reconciliation of planning models to financial actuals alongside Director, FP&A and Senior Manager, Financial Control to validate and update planning assumptions and to ensure revenue/stock in trade adjustments are reasonable.
• Responsible for version control of planning models and forecast submissions, maintaining shared documentation and ensuring all reports aligned with latest estimates.
• Keeping VP, Finance and Director, FP&A fully informed of relevant business decisions and, where required, seeking formal approval alongside Commercial and Marketing for activities and initiatives.
• Maintaining clear documentation of rationale for decisions and planning assumptions, cataloguing relevant supporting information as applicable (data sources, policies and exceptions, reviews of processes carried out) ensuring documents have adequate explanatory notes and leaving an audit trail.
• Supporting VP, Finance and Supply Chain in producing presentation materials and analysis for territory reviews
• Active involvement in reviewing end-to-end planning process, identifying key projects and process improvements including new outputs and planning approaches, and simplification and standardisation of processes.
• Managing priorities and achieving deadlines
• Analytical skillset that demonstrates a meticulous approach to ensure analytics produced are robust, considered and that version control maintained
• Ability to intuit when a more creative approach to solving analytical and modelling challenges
• Ability to manage significant amounts of data
• Knowledge of data sources and strengths/weaknesses of each (OCC, Kantar, IHS, Rentrak, account sales data, Financials, Supply Chain information)
• Ability to align other parts of business
• Project management
• Collaborate with team to build out on insights as well as give support in busy periods
• Ability to produce simple, clear and defendable recommendations
• Appreciation of end-to-end process of planning to inform improvement recommendations in a changing environment
• Position based in Soho, London, United Kingdom
And in return, here are some of the additional perks you'll recieve as part of the SPE team:
• The opportunity to join Sony Pictures Entertainment and gain some exciting experience in one of the leading Global Entertainment companies!
• Based in our conveniently and well-located office in the heart of Soho, London
• The opportunity to attend various on-site movie screenings, and family & friend movie nights, charity days, and launch events!
• Plus various employee benefits including discounted gym memberships, private healthcare, movie, cinema, restaurant discounts and more, on-site yoga and Pilates classes, monthly work drinks, discounts on Sony products, and many more...
If this sounds like a role you're interested in, we would love to hear from you! Please click the Apply Now button, and we will be in touch with you for the outcome of your application.
Please note that this role is based in the United Kingdom. In order to enable us to meet statutory and regulatory obligations of the United Kingdom immigration system you must have the appropriate immigration permission needed to work and reside in the United Kingdom
Sony Pictures Entertainment is committed to equal opportunity in all its employment practices, policies and procedures. No worker or potential worker will therefore receive less favourable treatment due to his or her race, age, creed, sexual orientation, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, religion, gender, marital status or Trade Union membership (if applicable).
* Sony Pictures - GBR - London