Senior Finance Manager, TV Networks - EMEA
Sony PicturesLondon, UK
Full Time Job
Senior Finance Manager, TV Networks - EMEA (9 mth FTC
Please note that this role is based in the United Kingdom. In order to enable us to meet statutory and regulatory obligations of the United Kingdom immigration system you must have the appropriate immigration permission needed to work and reside in the United Kingdom.
Responsible for developing and managing all aspects of forecasting and planning, reporting, financial policy and controls, and statutory reporting for the TV Networks EMEA region's 22 reporting lines of business
Works closely with head office in Los Angeles, local territory finance throughout EMEA, and senior management serving as an EMEA hub focal point.
Supervisor and mentor to corporate reporting team, London and international finance managers.
• Maintain strong relationships with all regions, business areas and corporate accounting in Los Angeles to deliver accurate financial reporting for the business
• Prepare/review/manage the monthly financial reporting close ensuring results accurately reflect the commercial position of the business and are in line with SPE accounting policies.
• Responsible for monthly reporting review and interrogation of individual EMEA territory trading results and balance sheets followed by presentation to head office and senior management. Maintenance of a 'no surprises' culture.
• Driving continuous improvement in networks reporting, closing out queries and acting as a problem solving facilitator
• Ad hoc advisor to senior management on EMEA wide commercial issues contributing to the development of functional/departmental/business strategies
• Implementation and integration of new business launches/acquisitions and transition to on-going financial management structures.
• Relationship manager for shared service centre covering problem resolution, outsourcing agreements for new businesses, and any evolution of the shared service centre's service provision
• Oversight of statutory reporting process for UK entities, relationship manager for PwC and Deloitte service provisions.
• Recruit, lead, motivate, develop and manage the performance of direct reports, building a high calibre team with the skills and capabilities needed to deliver the required results.
• Deputise for the EMEA Head of FP&A and Corporate Reporting when necessary
Qualifications and experience required:
• Professional qualification in finance or accountancy
• Substantial experience in a senior financial management role
• Media sector experience
• Experience in a global role, with experience of regional / multi-site finance function
• Knowledge and application of different territory accounting principles (UK and US GAAP)
Skill and abilities:
• Analyzing and clearly communicating underlying financial and non-financial data to provide relevant insight for business decisions
• Effectively communicate across the Business and Finance organization with strong verbal and written skills and demonstrate a willingness to generate and share information
• Work in a dynamic and fast moving and changing environment, and manage multiple priorities.
• Establish and build healthy relationships with supervisor, line of business head, head office, clients, vendors and peers in an effort to create an environment committed to providing excellent and innovative service.
• Build, manage and work as an effective team.
• Read, interpret and draw accurate conclusions from financial data
• Create, implement, evaluate and enhance internal control processes
If this sounds like a role you're interested in, please click ''Apply now'' and don't forget to attach a copy of your CV!
Sony Pictures Entertainment is committed to equal opportunity in all its employment practices, policies and procedures. No worker or potential worker will therefore receive less favourable treatment due to his or her race, age, creed, sexual orientation, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, religion, gender, marital status or Trade Union membership (if applicable).
* Sony Pictures - GBR - London