Senior Counsel Legal Compliance
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Senior Counsel Legal Compliance
The Senior Counsel, Legal Compliance, must work closely with SPE's Legal Compliance team to provide practical, business-focused advice to SPE's corporate and business executives in a manner consistent with relevant laws and SPE policies. The position requires 5 years of experience working on anti-bribery, conflict of interest, litigation, internal investigation matters and/or other relevant experience. The appropriate candidate must be able to support all aspects of the company's legal compliance objectives and must possess the interpersonal skills to engage successfully with all levels of the organization. An ability to work cross-functionally with Finance, Human Resources, Information Security, IT and all lines of business is essential for this role.
Manage SPE's Compliance Education Protocol for Global Operations:
Manage SPE's adherence to Sony's Compliance Education Protocol (''CEP'') requirements including communications, training, annual Conflict of Interest Certification process, and policy distribution. Coordinate transition and integration of joint ventures and acquisitions.
Anti-Bribery and Anti-Fraud Program Management and Counseling for Global Operations:
Provide legal advice to global corporate and business teams concerning SPE's Anti-Bribery Policy and compliance under U.S. and international laws; conduct due diligence reviews and seek necessary approvals under SPE's Anti-Bribery Policy. Provide legal advice regarding internal and external investigations. Conduct investigations as needed.
Manage Legal Compliance Trainings for Global Operations:
Oversee adherence to required training protocol on legal compliance matters, including but not limited to training on applicable Antitrust, OFAC, Code of Business Conduct, Conflict Minerals, and Anti-Bribery policies and/or laws. Develop and deploy on-line training programs. Coordinate with regional and HQ compliance offices on development of training materials. Develop and conduct in-person trainings in high-risk territories, or as otherwise needed.
Code of Conduct Counseling for Global Operations:
Provide counsel to global corporate and business teams concerning SPE's Code of Business Conduct, including but not limited to SPE's policies regarding confidential information and gifts and entertainment.
Antitrust and Competition Counseling for Global Operations:
Assist with anti-trust filings, responses to questionnaires and diligence in connection with deals, mergers and acquisitions, regulatory matters, investigations, and litigation.
Maintain Awareness of Legal Developments and Best Practices:
Keep abreast of regional developments and best practices in the area of legal compliance that could impact SPE's business operations; advise personnel accordingly basis on identified changes and challenges presented.
Prepare Compliance Updates:
Prepare compliance-related updates as needed for internal executives, global conference and board meetings.
Incident Response Support for Global Operations:
Assist with providing privacy and data protection advice to global corporate and business executives related to information security incidents.
• Juris Doctor from a top law school with relevant compliance, white collar, and/or litigation experience, preferably with in-house experience at a global company, as well as prior experience at a top law firm, and/or federal agencies.
• At least 5-7 years of previous work experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• The Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, as well as a strong understanding of similar foreign laws.
• Best practices in compliance space; including familiarity with DOJ Resource Guide, US Sentencing Guidelines, etc.
• Experience with e-discovery as well as vendor and outside counsel management is also a plus.
• Working comfortably with senior executives on legal issues
• Writing clearly and concisely for both a legal and non-legal audience
• Verbal and interpersonal communications, including a strong presentation skill set for audiences of varying size and experience with legal issues
• Managing multiple priorities with tight deadlines
• Organizational management
• Selecting and cost-effective management of outside counsel and other relevant service providers
• Think quickly and practically in a complex and creative environment
• Work independently
• Be down to earth with high emotional intelligence, sound judgment, common sense, confidence, and ability to act decisively
• Be an innovative/creative problem solver who is able to find legal solutions to business issues
• Be comfortable with a fair amount of ambiguity
• Be a team player with the ability to forge close working relationships throughout the company on a global basis
• Maintain a positive attitude, sense of humor, and a commitment to professionalism and collegiality
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disabilit
y, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios