Senior Cloud Engineer, Internet Systems Technology
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Senior Cloud Engineer, Internet Systems Technology
The Senior Cloud Engineer, Internet Systems Technology (IST) will be a core member of a technical team that's responsible for designing, building and supporting cloud infrastructure and platform for Enterprise Cloud Services.
The successful applicant will be part of a small, fast, and integrated team. The role requires a comprehensive understanding of cloud service provider capabilities – primarily Amazon Web Services; secondarily Azure. The role's primary focus is to construct and manage cloud service provider environments as per various business requirements and security guidelines. This role will ensure that these enterprise's cloud environments are setup and managed efficiently for higher availability and cost effectiveness.
Additional responsibilities will be team cross-training and working with other parts of the organization to requirements.
1. Cloud Development: 40%
• Implement and optimize cloud infrastructure including initial and ongoing configuration of related
automation, notifications, and reporting capabilities.
• Implement and maintain cloud security controls (identity and access management, risk and
• Implement and maintain cloud infrastructure for appropriate disaster recovery, high availability,
fail over, and/or redundancy for cloud deployed applications.
2. Cloud Services Support 50%
• Identify and troubleshoot cloud service events and issues as well as work with cloud service
providers to efficiently solve issues or implement workarounds.
• Plan and lead an engagement with application teams adopting cloud solutions.
• Understands software engineering practices and the impact they have on efficient and effective
use of DevOps and cloud solutions.
• Clearly articulates and explains complex concepts and technologies to a non-technical audience
• Adapt to rapidly evolving environment and frequent transitions of technologies and teams.
3. Provide oral and written status reports to IT management and customer support:10%
• Strong analytical, interpersonal and verbal communication skills are necessary due to the
dynamic nature of collaborations with customers, vendors, and other teams, solving complex
system problems together.
• Work with application teams to migrate Legacy/On-Prem applications to cloud environments.
• Work with Information Security, Infrastructure Services, and Application Development
organizations to choose appropriate technology solutions and facilitate complete integration into
• Develop and refine standards in partnership with Information
• Minimum 5 years experience with Enterprise Linux operating system administration
• Minimum 5 years experience with Windows Server operating system administration
• Minimum 5 years experience with Cloud Service Providers (Amazon Web Services, Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
• Minimum 5 years experience with Hypervisors
• Minimum 5 years experience managing full stack applications
• Minimum 5 years experience in enterprise environments
• Bachelor degree or equivalent experience preferred
• Amazon Web Services or Azure certification
• Implement and evolve many security policies and controls (e.g. CIS, malware, anti-virus, secret management)
• Secure development and integration of DevOps tooling (Jenkins, GitHub Enterprise, Consul, Vault, Terraform, AWS CloudFormation, Azure Manager Resource templates, workflows, vendor SaaS, etc.)
• Deploying and use of configuration management tools (Chef, Ansible, SaltStack, etc.)
• Deploying, securing, and maintaining (operationalizing) web application stacks (LAMP, J2EE, WISA, MEAN, etc.)
• Expertise in web servers (Apache, NGINX, IIS, etc.)
• Expertise in databases and other storage systems (MySQL, MSSQL, Oracle, NFS, CIFS, Redis, ELK, etc.)
• Expertise in languages and language runtimes (PHP, Java, .NET, Node.js, etc.)
• Expertise in application integration technologies (WS-*, REST, SSO, OAuth, etc.)
• Strong understanding of browser and network functionality.
• Deploying and administering of hardened virtualization technologies (VMWare, KVM, XEN, etc.)
• Deploying and administering of hardened Linux and Windows servers
• Experience in large secure heterogeneous server and network infrastructure (DNS, load balancers, switches, etc.)
• Container management wanted (Docker, k8s, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal skills are required. Ability to work effectively with team members, clients and other areas of the IT environment
- Strong written and oral communications
- Excellent problem solving abilities, strong decision making skills and make sound judgment decisions.
- Work effectively with team members, clients and other areas of IT
- Handle multiple tasks and be flexible in a fast paced environment
- Deliver on time
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios