Senior Analyst, Global Deals
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Senior Analyst, Global Deals
The LA based sales team supports negotiations for key global deals e.g. Netflix and Amazon etc and collaborates closely with the regional sales teams in EMEA, APAC & AMERICAS to obtain availability, rights and pricing information. The Distribution business is one of the divisions of Sony Pictures based in Culver City and is responsible for licensing features, series and formats to linear and digital platforms worldwide.
This role requires a deep understanding of rights management and the media landscape. The resource must have strong analytical skills and the ability to comprehend complex, multi-territory deals. The role requires an individual with strong critical thinking skills, an extreme attention to detail and highly organized. Prior experience utilizing rights management systems and sales planning experience is required.
This is a key role for the LA/Global sales team and supports an extremely demanding and challenging area of the business. He/she will be accountable for supporting Sales in the negotiations by being accountable for accurately determining/validating the availability of product worldwide, helping to establish best practices on management of the global deals and handling the processes related to the ongoing management of all global deals. The role provides an exciting opportunity to be involved in a critical and growing part of the distribution business and an opportunity to learn about the complexities and nuances of licensing to and managing global/client and deals.
The Sr. Analyst will manage the process for obtaining accurate global avails. He/she will serve as the primary contact for the regional planning teams on global negotiations. The job's responsibilities include:
Rights & Avails
• While the Sr. Analyst will work closely with local territory Sales & Planners, it will be critical for him/her to gain a deep knowledge of key territories as it relates to territory windowing rules, existing local output/volume deals and other market nuances that may impact avails.
• Generate availability reports to identify series or features available for sale. Identifying availability by media, window, and territory/language and working with in-territory planning teams to verify information and to address open questions e.g. generate a multi-territory (200 territories) availability report for the sales of a global TV series.
• Creating a format to best represent the avails given the various parameters being represented (e.g. territories, avail dates, exclusivity information etc)
• Apply knowledge of the SPE's features and past performance metrics (e.g. streams) to curate avail lists for client's annual library selections and to support the title segmentation/tier-ing of titles.
• Create tools/ templates to support the process of gathering territory information.
• Setup a generic rights template to reserve potential titles under consideration for global deals.
• Determine the most effective/efficient way to represent the deal terms in the system.
• Understand the deal terms, customer billing requirements and corporate reporting requirements and determine the optimal approach for entering/setting up each global deal in the system. Consult with Sales, IT & Finance as needed.
• Work closely with regional planners to facilitate the deal entry process; provide required inputs and manage timelines according to needs of the Sales team.
• Ensure rights are accurately interpreted and recorded in the system; verify rights templates. Ensure planners address rights conflicts.
• Define and communicate the deal categories, term years and naming conventions to be used by regional planners to allow for consistency in reporting.
• Review entries by territory to ensure accuracy before finalizing the deal in the system.
• For series/territory - create a detailed summary of availability in each media based on the holdbacks (in some cases this may be done locally). Ensure regional planners are aware of future avail dates.
• Manage US network schedules and local network airdates to calculate avail dates for global deals.
• Liaise frequently with the fulfilment teams to ensure we are able to plan and provide assets on time for new and existing deals.
Qualifications and Competencies
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor's degree required.
• Minimum of 2-4 years' experience in a rights management or similar role in distribution sales planning.
• Strong computer skills, in particular Excel (pivot tables, advanced formulas) and comfortable learning new systems.
• Highly passionate individual who is dedicated and interested in continuously learning.
• Proactive in thinking about improving processes and identifying system enhancements.
• Comfortable working in a fast-pace, changing environment.
• Strong critical thinking skills.
• Strong organizational skills and follow-through.
• Highly numerate with excellent attention to all details – accuracy, presentation and completeness.
• Able to provide information in a useable form and on a timely basis to others who need to act on it.
• Proactive, flexible and adaptable - Evaluates, selects and acts on various methods and strategies for solving problems and meeting objectives before being asked or required to do so.
• Good communication skills: Clear and articulate when speaking with an individual or before a group; able to express ideas, thoughts and concepts clearly in writing (structure, grammar, organization).
• Makes a positive impression; represents the company well on the phone and in person.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
USA - Culver City - Studio Lot - Jack Cohn Bldg