Senior Analyst, Customer Operations
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Senior Analyst, Customer Operations
This position is responsible for supplying account management and analysis for SPHE's Retail Operations VMI (Vendor Managed Inventory & Merchandising) accounts. The results of such analysis will lead to increased revenue, decreased costs, increased customer service, and increase optimization to the supply chain. The Senior Analyst will monitor forecast accuracy, reduce returns, and analyze the effects of plan-o-gram capacity changes as suggested by the retailer and/or internal SPHE departments. The Senior Analyst will conduct order policy analysis to determine the optimum order cycle for their account(s). The Senior Analyst will work with 3rd party VMI provider and 3rd party Merchandising provider to ensure optimal execution of product placement. The Senior Analyst is expected to explore opportunities for improving SPHE business and proactively suggest changes required to implement such opportunities. The Senior Analyst will prepare and present account-level business insights intended to increase gross profit. The Senior Analyst will prepare and present compelling presentations as needed for internal and retailer meetings. The Senior Analyst will participate in training and development initiatives in order to leverage their knowledge and skills.
The scope of the Senior Analyst's duties requires a demonstrated ability to serve in a leadership position among the analysts. As such, the Senior Analyst is expected to serve as a role model to the retail operations analysts. Further, this role requires a strong knowledge of data analysis and understanding of VMI systems and processes.
• Coordinate with 3rd party VMI partner on communication of information to manage store-level execution, maintaining cost per unit (CPU) KPIs for each assigned account
• Develop, monitor, and revise replenishment plans by item/store for New Releases and Catalog.
• Review and suggest forecasting model changes for Home Entertainment product (i.e. DVD and BD).
• Implement and execute account product change-outs.
• Improve operational efficiencies by managing returns and monitoring KPI's for assigned account(s).
• Monitor and identify account trends based on promotional activity, title/fixture performance, and seasonality.
• Responsible for analysis of reports as they relate to their respective account(s); analyze vendor inventory reports and POS to maintain the required WOS, in stock% and turns.
• Develop an in-depth understanding of the account's sales characteristics and document as part of customer profile.
• Maintain all store traits (fixture/space allocation) and store volume clusters based on historical POS Data.
• Track delivery of product to store based on order quantity generated and delivery date
• Validate data integrity and ensure consistency in data flow from multi-systems.
• Prepare summaries for sales management, operations, and account presentations as necessary.
Retail Operations Analyst Core Competencies
Accountability & Impact of Errors
• Participates, leads, and facilitates team meetings.
• Constructs and presents informative, well-organized presentations.
• Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
• Clear written and verbal skills.
• Interact and build rapport with third party merchandising vendors.
• Strong follow-up and issue resolution with internal teams and external vendors.
• Acknowledges and appreciates each team member's contributions.
• Exemplifies positive attitude in challenging scenarios.
Original Thinking & Problems Solving
• Understands the business issues and data challenges of the organization and industry.
• Utilizes resources in accordance with Retail Operations Service Level Agreements (SLA) & Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
• Identifies issues/problems, conducts fact finding analysis, and develop/propose innovative solutions.
• Interprets requirements, specifications, business processes, and recommendations related to proposed solutions and formulates a strategic plan to execute against.
Organizational Scope & Complexity
• Understands the core components of managing a project.
• Completes and manages multiple projects within deadlines and schedules.
• Applies Retail Operations standards and initiatives.
• Consistently delivers high-quality services to internal and external customers.
• Demonstrates drive and enthusiasm to team members.
• Proactively seeks opportunities to serve in leadership roles.
• Challenges others to develop as leaders while serving as a role model
• Conducts effective process evaluations in a timely manner.
• Mentors those with less experience through informal/indirect channels.
• Seeks and participates in development opportunities above and beyond required department training.
• Collaborates with other analysts through both formal and informal training programs.
• Collaborates with cross-functional teams.
• Demonstrates leadership within the channel teams.
• Demonstrated ability to 'sell' ideas and manage change with a positive attitude.
• Leads and collaborates with other analysts through both formal and informal training.
Business /Functional Expertise
• Communicates effectively with other departments to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions with management.
• Possesses understanding in all areas of Retail Operations applications and system design.
• Understands how Retail Operations systems interface with each other.
• Participates in testing efforts.
• Demonstrates strong ability to conduct data analysis.
• Ensures issues are identified, tracked, reported and resolved in a timely manner; vocalizes process optimization.
• Strong working knowledge of MS Office applications (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
• Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and expands SPHE relationships.
• Facilitates brain-storming sessions with analysts and reports back on potential system enhancement suggestions.
• Creates and maintains business requirement documents as needed.
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Statistics or Supply Chain
• 1-2 years of experience
• Key Retail accounts operations and business requirements
• Retail Operations systems and processes (Skylight, i2, JDE/One World, Business Objects)
• Business Software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Visio)
• Supply Chain
• VMI & Merchandising Business Metrics
• VMI & Merchandising Best Practices (Order timeliness, SLA's, Optimization)
• Inventory Management
• Data Analysis & Fact Based Selling
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
USA - Culver City - Akio Morita Building