Senior Analyst, Credit and Collections
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Senior Analyst, Credit and Collections
The Sony Pictures Global Order to Cash Team is seeking a Senior Analyst to work in the Financial Operations Department. This role will manage Accounts Receivable for Ad Sales and provide project support for the Television and Home Entertainment Order to Cash team. The Senior Analyst works closely with several departments (e.g., accounting, front end operations, customer operations, sales/sales reporting team) to insure all invoices are accurate and resolved in a timely manner.
may include, but are not limited to, the below tasks:
• Maintain current receivables through timely and persistent collection efforts.
• Develop a culture of collaboration and customer service at all levels of the department.
• Prepare accounts receivable aging and collection status reports for Management review.
• Manage the cash in advance process by ensuring that pre-payments are received prior to campaign start dates and prepare statements and reconciliations for customers.
• Monitor proper allocation of cash receipts and obtain supporting documentation from appropriate sources.
• Analyze month end actual cash receipts variances to forecast and budget.
• Research customer payment patterns and provide trade experience.
• Participate in industry credit groups.
• Maintain financial schedules and ledgers in compliance with company policies and procedures.
• Complete audit requests as needed.
• Perform thorough credit analysis on all new accounts to help determine credit worthiness of customers and communicate decisions to Sales team.
• Maintain the credit status of all customers in multiple systems.
• Review financial condition of all on-going customer accounts every 2-3 years to mitigate risk as required by SOX procedures.
• Track latest business and trade news for possible impact on Company (e.g. at-risk companies, bankruptcy announcements, general advertising trends).
• Perform monthly, quarterly, and year-end close procedures and reporting.
• Prepare ad-hoc reports, analysis and special projects.
• Improve operational efficiency by streamlining process and enhancing reporting automation.
• Develop a project plan to manage the cost, scope, schedule and quality of a project.
• Manage cross functional teams to develop and implement project deliverables.
• Provide task direction to project staff and interact with vendors.
• Conduct project reviews at checkpoints, escalate to executive levels as required, maintain project business case, prepare and present readiness assessments and go/no go checklists to executive management.
• Speak to stakeholders to find out what they want and translate requirements into a project scope.
• Ensure stakeholders are kept in the loop and their expectation are managed with clear, concise and correct communication.
• Prepare training documentation and presentations on different formats.
• Initiate process improvement and quality reviews to simplify and improve productivity.
• Develop management reporting.
• Develop and standardize written policy documentation related to the credit and customer processes.
• The environment is fast paced and dynamic; the candidate must be a self-starter with the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
• The position requires strong critical thinking and analytical skills, with meticulous attention to detail.
• The position also requires strong written/verbal communication skills.
• The candidate must have a bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or economics from an accredited four-year university.
• This position requires advanced proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint; experience with SAP, Business Objects/Insight, and JD Edwards would be a plus.
• 3 – 4 years of relevant work experience is required, within entertainment would be a plus.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios