Sony PicturesLondon, UK
Full Time Job
Promo Producer (12 mth FTC)
Reporting to the Senior Producer, we're looking for 12 month Fixed Term Promo Producer to cover a Maternity Leave position, working across all channels to strict deadlines. The Promo Producer will generate ideas, write scripts, produce self op-ed cuts, direct voice over artists and work with editors, animators plus sound engineers to produce TX ready promos. Reporting directly to the Senior Producer, the Promo Producer will be a highly motivated, self managing individual able to work well with others as well as in isolation. There will also be occasional involvement with other creative projects spanning the on-air, animation and channel teams (sponsorship, re-brands, stunts etc). The ability to communicate your ideas and opinions fluently is essential, as is the grace to accept constructive criticism and the determination to see a project through to completion whatever the apparent obstacle.
• Generate engaging promo treatments
• Pitch ideas / treatments to the On Air Creative Director for approval
• Write well crafted promo scripts
• Choose appropriate music beds
• Edit competent rough cuts (knowledge of Adobe Premiere)
• Confidently direct voice over artists
• Direct the work of editors, animators and sound engineers who assist on your promos
• Deliver all promos to the deadline specified
• Provide creative advice and assistance to colleagues
• Assist with Project work where required
Ideally, we are looking for someone with the below:
• At least 2 years promo producing/cutting experience is essential, or 3-4 years as a Promo Assistant
• Experience working with kids promo's is highly desirable
• Showreel experience (essential)
• Broad understanding of Edit, Animation and Sound design
• Working knowledge of broadcasting processes
• Competent self op edit skills (Premiere)
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to work unsupervised
• Some shoot experience (directing preferred but not essential)
• Any After effects / Motion based skills or sound design experience a bonus
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you - please click ''Apply Now'', and don't forget to include a copy of your CV!
Please note that these roles are based in the United Kingdom. In order to enable us to meet statutory and regulatory obligations of the United Kingdom immigration system you must have the appropriate immigration permission needed to work and reside in the United Kingdom.
Sony Pictures Entertainment is committed to equal opportunity in all its employment practices, policies and procedures. No worker or potential worker will therefore receive less favourable treatment due to his or her race, age, creed, sexual orientation, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, religion, gender, marital status or Trade Union membership (if applicable).
* Sony Pictures - GBR - London
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America (SCA), a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production and distribution; television production and distribution; digital content creation and distribution; worldwide channel investments; home entertainment acquisition and distribution, operation of studio facilities; development of new entertainment products, services and technologies; and distribution of filmed entertainment in more than 130 countries.