Sony PicturesLondon, UK
Full Time Job
Production Executive (9 month FTC)
Please note that this role is based in the United Kingdom. In order to enable us to meet statutory and regulatory obligations of the United Kingdom immigration system you must have the appropriate immigration permission needed to work and reside in the United Kingdom
We currently have a fantastic 9-month fixed term opportunity for a Production Executive to join our International Production Consultancy team in our London office.
In this role you will be working to ensure the consistency of quality in all of our licensees' productions by providing Production service on all aspects of the format in question.
You will consult with local producers in designated territories, on all aspects of our unscripted format productions, ensuring that the local production is of the best quality possible, and adheres to the key elements and branding of the format. You will also provide assistance in further exploitation of, as well as developing the formats in order that they be as successful as possible in the territories and/or for the channels to which they are licensed.
Additionally, you will liaise extensively with SPT's Sales, Finance, Legal, Interactive and Licensing Departments, advising on all aspects of production and ensuring a strong level of communication between colleagues.
Main Duties include but are not limited to:
• Working on the creation and updating of the detailed individual production bibles packages for SPT's key unscripted format titles, and creating/collating materials poignant to a production bible package.
• Working with SPT's International Sales Managers offering Production advice and expertise.
• Close, regular, and personal liaison with international broadcasters, production companies and licensees. Management of licensee's contractual obligations alongside Sales Managers.
• Travel to oversee international roll-outs of a number of formats.
• Review of SPT localised formats in line with SPT production requirements and brand guidelines.
• Attend taping/filming of key new titles from the Sony Op Co team's productions, to gather know-how for international rollout.
To be considered for this role you will typically have 5 years experience in a Production Executive or Consultant role.
You will also have or be able to demonstrate the following:
• International production experience such as Production Executive or Assistant Producer level for studio and factual entertainment formats is desirable.
• Excellent communication skills – both orally and written.
• Strong organisational and planning skills, with attention to detail, including the setting of priorities and the ability to work on own initiative. Have a flexible approach, as well as possess the ability to cope well under pressure, multi-task, and prioritise effectively and efficiently, to ensure work is carried out accurately, in a timely manner.
• An excellent appreciation for customer needs and expectations, providing an excellent customer service.
• Must be goal-driven and adept at problem-solving in particular in a highly pressured studio environment.
• A thorough understanding of all aspects of studio and factual entertainment production.
• Very commercially aware – of industry-standard and local client markets.
• Possess a well-organised and efficient approach combined with the capability to follow through.
• Possess strong persuasive and negotiation skills with the ability to influence at all levels and gain immediate creditability across the business.
• Ability to work with minimum of supervision and own initiative, and to make administrative decisions based on a broad understanding of relevant policies or operational requirements.
• Highly proficient and proven level of IT skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Office, Internet & Email packages.
• Proficiency in one foreign language (or more) is desirable.
Additionally you will be:
• A highly-motivated individual with the enthusiasm, resilience, and the drive to make things happen.
• Flexible and proactive with a ''can-do'' attitude and a dynamic approach to work.
• Ability to demonstrate initiative and a creative approach to all aspects of the role.
• Conscientious and focused, with an ability to work well under pressure, multi-task, prioritise and respond quickly to change.
• A confident communicator with the ability to forge strong working relationships.
Sony Pictures Entertainment is committed to equal opportunity in all its employment practices, policies and procedures. No worker or potential worker will therefore receive less favourable treatment due to his or her race, age, creed, sexual orientation, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, religion, gender, marital status or Trade Union membership (if applicable).
* Sony Pictures - GBR - London