Order To Cash Manager
Sony PicturesLondon, UK
Full Time Job
Order to Cash (OTC) Manager
Please note that this role is based in the United Kingdom. In order to enable us to meet statutory and regulatory obligations of the United Kingdom immigration system you must have the appropriate immigration permission needed to work and reside in the United Kingdom
Located in our London office, the OTC Manager's role is to support our OTC hub activities for all lines of business based in the UK. This includes strategic collections efforts, commercial & finance partnering, oversight and management of our 3rd party BPO resources and ad-hoc OTC project management to support continuous process improvement.
Working closely with Commercial and Finance stakeholders, the OTC Manager will ensure that key decision makers have the information, analysis and tools available to make the best choices for SPE in those territories.
Excellent communication skills are key as you will have to work effectively with customers, commercial, finance and operations teams across the EMEA region. There will be involvement with most, if not all, of the EMEA offices on a regular basis.
You will also need to be continuously improvement focused as the OTC function changes to support the performance and value of our 3rd party BPO model and be able to effectively upward manage, managing issues and risks to OTC EMEA Executive Director via daily or weekly meetings.
Main Responsibilities include:
Oversight and Management of Third Party BPO Offshore Service Centers (OTC Teams)
• Acquire full understanding of BPO operating model with focus on service delivery and related metrics and measures
• Frequent interaction with BPO centers to refine processes, streamline workflow, develop knowledge and resolve escalated issues and queries
• Monitor work results and ensure accountability, continuous process improvement and results-orientation
Financial Operations / Commercial Finance Support
• Provide visibility and in-depth analysis to OTC outputs for key Finance and Commercial stakeholders
• Working with sales and sales planning teams on capturing complex contracts correctly
• Commercial finance review and sense checking of OTC reporting and cash forecasting
• Working with business and BPO on improving billing inputs and outputs across OTC (Box Office, License Deals, Sub-licensing, etc) to prevent delays in payment caused by billing errors
Strategic Collections and Credit Management
• Working with the business on analysis of complex collections, settlements of disputes and recommendations on strategies to resolve queries
• Working with the business on decisions to defer customers, apply interest penalties or provide for potential bad debt
• Perform periodic review of credit risk analysis and raise recommendations for credit limits
• Working with BPO OTC teams to smooth process workflow and resolve escalated issues
Analysis & Support
• Support the Global OTC and sales teams with insightful cash cycle analysis
• Review of analytics and metrics to identify and explain variances from targets
• Support cash forecasting processes
• Support and engage in ad hoc projects, where performance will be measured by ability to enact change
• Support customer audit co-ordination, where necessary
This position typically requires 3 years previous experience in Order to Cash roles, along with a Bachelor's Degreein Finance/Economics. Credit Management or Project Management Qualification would be advantageous.
Suitable candidates will also meet most if not all of the following:
Demonstrated knowledge of:
• Order to Cash processes for specific or multiple lines of business
• Working Capital cycle and the role OTC plays to reduce
• Credit Management and Collections techniques
• Commercial drivers which influence process
Demonstrated skill in:
• Communication and managing local stakeholders and transactional Finance teams
• Working to promote simple data driven processes
• Management oversight with remote Finance teams, ensuring process adherence and continuous improvement
• Managing OTC in complex territories/ multiple territories
• Upward management of key risks and issues to OTC leadership
• SAP, MS Office, Advanced Excel (pivot tables, lookups), PowerPoint
Demonstrated strong ability to:
• Effectively communicate to both finance and non-finance personnel, and have a willingness to resolve issues, generate and share information.
• Work in a dynamic and fast moving and changing environment, and manage multiple priorities
• Effectively transmit, receive and accurately interpret ideas, information and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors, tools and techniques
• Establish and build healthy relationships with clients, vendors and peers in an effort to create an environment committed to providing excellent and continually improving service
• Produce detailed financial analysis to demonstrate patterns and trends, and make recommendations as a result
• Proven Stakeholder Management with Senior Executives
• Experience of working in an international organization and in the entertainment sector
• Motivated by passion to exceed expectations and to continuously improve self, team and department
• Proficient in both written and verbal English
• Capability in another European language would be advantageous, though not required
Sony Pictures Entertainment is committed to equal opportunity in all its employment practices, policies and procedures. No worker or potential worker will therefore receive less favourable treatment due to his or her race, age, creed, sexual orientation, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, religion, gender, marital status or Trade Union membership (if applicable).
* Sony Pictures - GBR - London