Marketing Manager Feature Film
Sony PicturesLondon, UK
Full Time Job
Marketing Manager – Feature Film
Our Sony Pictures Television (SPT) division are currently looking for an experienced and passionate Marketing Manager to join us in this new role to the business, which will act as the ultimate brand advocate, successfully conveying passion, excitement and commercial acumen for all film releases across the home entertainment and broadcast windows. Reporting into the Head of Feature Film Marketing the role has ownership of Marketing activities related to allocated feature film releases and campaigns across EST, physical, broadcast and Home Entertainment catalogue windows. The Marketing Manager is accountable for SPE New Release titles meeting and exceeding our budget targets and delivering commercial, innovative and consumer focused marketing campaigns whilst successful managing and maximizing the output from our agency partners.
Title & Product Management 80%
• Full responsibility for managing marketing budget, campaign and product P&L on allocated SPE feature film launches across all key studio windows outside of theatrical
• Act as the source of product information and strategy across every window in remit, starting from pre-theatrical through to HE FTO, early EST launch, physical launch, drafting/catalogue campaigns and broadcast making sure learnings and economies of scale are brought from one window to the next
• Manage and allocate ATL and BTL budget for each film, including media, social, PR promotions, co-op, POS, merchandising budget and approve final expenditure in conjunction with Head of Feature Film Marketing
• Ensure all media, digital and creative agencies are approaching the multiple windows holistically and proactively coming up with proposals to deliver greater economies of scale, learnings and creative solutions to best manage our film product lifecycle
• Work closely with Home Entertainment digital and physical retailers to set up and deliver on clear commercial and consumer focused targets which are aligned with the respective retailer's goals
• Key focus on delivering innovative, bespoke campaigns for the pay TV premiere launch working with Theatrical and Home Office to secure access to talent, bespoke animation and callouts. Ensure that focus and attention is given to driving the most revenue and engagement possible from broadcasters in the Free TV window by incorporating them in any marketing asks and plans around theatrical launch
• Ensure franchise and catalogue plans and opportunities are brought to the relevant commercial teams in a timely and engaging fashion to ensure we are best monetizing SPEs lucrative film library
• Align closely with the Publicity and Promotions team to develop innovative PR activations that are cohesive with the overall Marketing plans for the title
• Work with the regional insights team to develop a close understanding of, and use consumer and shopper insights to, ensure that all marketing activities are correctly targeted to maximize sales and GP potential across all windows in remit
• Ensure industry insight, future trends and competitor tracking are utilized to drive new innovative marketing solutions across titles
• Create and deliver engaging relevant product presentations to the company on a quarterly basis, revise and repurpose presentations as the requirements and objectives evolve throughout the product lifecycle
• Conduct post mortems to assess ROI in conjunction with Marketing, BPI and Finance, ensuring 'Best Practice' Sharing with international home office
• Drive innovation through test-and-learn approach to media and PR executions
New catalogue product management 20%
• Working with the International marketing team identify key catalogue opportunities in the year around Anniversaries, New to formats and catalogue refreshes
• Develop a stringent and commercially astute P&L process to analyze the ROI and GP benefit to the business of each potential release only releasing those that meet strict revenue generating criteria
• As part of the quarterly process present concepts and products to the business with a clear proposition and potential GP upside
• Keen focus on identifying and bringing to market 4K titles relevant and commercially viable for the UK market
• Manage the catalogue budget that is attributed to new product launches ensuring that we are making delivering on required minimum margins and ROI on titles
• Work with sublicensing partners, secure deals across our deeper catalogue to maximize opportunities not currently exploited
Qualifications and/or Experience Required
• Typically, 4-8 years of experience in Marketing preferably in the entertainment sector.
• Strong interpersonal skills required and ability to manage multiple stakeholders
• Ability to influence, negotiate and persuade others
• Business minded, commercially focused and able to understand business plans and control budgets
• Proven track record in delivering creative, innovative and commercial marketing campaigns in a complex multi-faceted organization or environment.
• Demonstrated success in devising and executing strategic marketing objectives and cascading these objectives and ways of working
• Self-motivated team player and facilitator
• Proven track record of successfully managing multiple projects in a dynamic/changing environment and seeing those projects through to completion
• Experience of managing agencies and third parties.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Bachelor's degree in related discipline or equivalent experience required
And in return, here are some of the additional perks you'll recieve as part of the SPE team:
• The opportunity to join Sony Pictures Entertainment and gain some exciting experience in one of the leading Global Entertainment companies!
• Based in our conveniently and well-located office in the heart of Soho, London
• The opportunity to attend various on-site movie screenings, and family & friend movie nights, charity days, and launch events!
• Plus various employee benefits including discounted gym memberships, private healthcare, movie, cinema, restaurant discounts and more, on-site yoga and Pilates classes, monthly work drinks, discounts on Sony products, and many more...
• Position based in Soho, London, United Kingdom
If this sounds like a role you're interested in, we would love to hear from you! Please click the Apply Now button, and we will be in touch with you for the outcome of your application.
Please note that this role is based in the United Kingdom. In order to enable us to meet statutory and regulatory obligations of the United Kingdom immigration system you must have the appropriate immigration permission needed to work and reside in the United Kingdom
Sony Pictures Entertainment is committed to equal opportunity in all its employment practices, policies and procedures. No worker or potential worker will therefore receive less favourable treatment due to his or her race, age, creed, sexual orientation, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, religion, gender, marital status or Trade Union membership (if applicable).
* Sony Pictures - GBR - London