Manager, Social Media Publicity
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Manager, Social Media Publicity
The Manager is accountable for working closely with publicity and digital marketing teams to execute and support each movie's social media strategy. This would include, but not limited to overseeing Competitive Research and Zignals, Influencers, Social Partnerships, Content/Social Creation, Coverage and Talent Socials.
• Monitors and tracks social media platforms for talent and competing films and sends a comprehensive report to the Publicity Department.
• Oversees Zignals and tracks online and social conversations for all talent and films.
• Oversees campaign strategy and relationships with un-paid influencers (excluding Google/YouTube) and fan groups.
• Develops communication strategy and create pitch packages to deliver exclusive content to fan sites and bloggers.
• Collaborates with Publicity & Field to create social media driven components to events (junkets, screenings, red carpets, etc.) and incorporates activations for un-paid influencers, fan groups and parent bloggers.
• Collaborates and oversees the following social takeovers with Publicity and Sony Digital Team for films and talent.
• Participates in conversations with FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST, along with the Sony Digital Team and Media.
• Helps pitch Social Q&As and livestream events to press outlets.
• Curates and advises what publicity efforts should be amplified and shared with the Sony Digital Team for amplification on Sony social media platforms.
• Collaborates with the Junket and Special Events Team to create social activations at press events.
• Collaborates with digital team to incorporate social CTAs on all press materials and include in event collateral.
• Works to merchandise digital initiatives into publicity and field promotional events.
• Compiles and sends social posts from the outlets, film talent, filmmakers and influencers in one report.
• Creates social talking points for talent and filmmakers in partnership with digital and publicity teams.
• Coordinates with the digital team to help provide input on all publicity activations to incorporate into talent social calendar.
• Acts as lead on all talent activism initiatives acting as POC between Sony Corporate Responsibility non-profits and corresponding organizations.
• 3-5 years of social media marketing campaign management, publishing, editorial, content creation and distribution
• Passion, energy, and enthusiasm for social media. Detailed knowledge and expertise around all social platforms with contacts at all major platforms
• Excellent communication, collaboration, and planning skills
• Expert understanding of how talent can participate in social media in an authentic and impactful way
• Ability to successfully organize, prioritize and manage multiple projects
• Understand how to collect, analyze and use social data to enhance a campaign
• Demonstrated strong written and verbal communications skills
• BA/BS in marketing, communications, business or a related field is preferred but not required
• *Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
USA - Culver City - Studio Lot - Thalberg Bldg
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Entertainment Inc., a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies. For additional information, go to our website.