Manager - Sales Planning
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Manager, Sales Planning
Sales Planning provides domestic US sales planning and forecasting, analytical insights and business strategies to both internal departments and external sales personnel related to the sales of DVD and Blu-ray, digital new media and transactional VOD product spanning all lines of business within Home Entertainment. The department is instrumental in providing strategic analyses related to product placement in-store and on-site/on-device, cost/benefit decisions for partnering with new accounts, and other business related needs. Sales Planning works closely with senior management and most functional departments including sales, marketing, finance, operations, sales communication, business affairs, client services, demand planning, and retail operations.
The Sales Planning Manager will primarily be focused on the physical business supporting national and account planning processes, product lifecycle management, account standards & governances, and market trend analysis. This position focuses on providing Sales Planning functional leadership, analytical, and technical support to the physical business at the national & account levels.
[10%] Sales Planning On boarding & Training: Interview, hire, and on-board for Sales Planning Analyst positions. Ensure completion of employee set-up (computer, phone, login, location). Develop and implement on-boarding plan for new hires and lead training on general business processes, national & accounts level processes, and tools & systems. Works with Sales Planning team members to create fiscal year goals/objectives that align with departmental, commercial and divisional objectives. Collaborate with Sales Planning supervisor and account team leads to coach direct reports to create a focused plan for career growth and both professional and personal development.
[30%] Sales Planning Processes & Tools: Work with the Sales Planning supervisor to envision, develop, and manage Sales Planning core processes & tools in support of the account teams. Create & execute internal business planning tools to measure account performance against annual goals. Ensure simple and complete execution of business plans, forecasts, and outputs. Support account teams with managing the business modeling process for annual contract renewals and retailer agreements. Create templates and manage process around account P&Ls and post analysis to ensure consistent methodology across the business.
[30%] Product Lifecycle Management: Support national pricing and promotional strategy including process, analysis, communication, and reporting. Work with Sales Planning Supervisor to manage & execute national reprices, national promotions, and national drafting programs & calendars. Support decision making processes by running in depth data analysis/modeling and providing recommendations that drives most optimal results. Strong capability to synthesize & convert complex data models into impactful visual representation with ability to clearly communicate recommendations to all levels of the organization is a must.
[20%] Physical Account Standards & Governances: Manage account standards and governances to drive consistency around account management process. Manage account promotional pricing guideline process & reporting. Run analysis, update, and communicate updated pricing guidelines to account teams & senior management. Provide additional data analysis & recommendations to support account level exception processes. Support New Release & Catalog Activation Forums by providing data (P&Ls / post mortems, market data analysis), visibility, and tracking of national & account plans around key title releases and promotions.
[10%] Industry, Market and Ad Hoc Analysis: Knowledge of market performance and trends to influence future product and customer strategy. Provide key insights on market & industry trends based on data analysis, modeling and scenario planning. Integrate market & industry knowledge and recommendations into day to day dialogue and decision-making process at national and account levels. Provide additional ad hoc analysis based focus topics at various key internal and/or external meetings.
Experience / Skills Required
• Bachelor's Degree and/or MBA in Business Management, Finance, Economics, Statistics or similar degree from an accredited university
• Strong capability with Microsoft Office applications (particularly Excel)
• Experience and expertise in analytical data systems and modeling which are used to pull and analyze sales data including, but not limited to Business Objects, Tableau, Alteryx
• Analyzing and summarizing large amounts of data into an effective summary to facilitate decision making and strategic planning
• Adaptability, flexibility and learning new systems / databases
• Present & communicate effectively and display strong interpersonal skills with all levels of management and with external customers (both written and verbal)
• Communicating ideas in a clear and concise manner
• Coordinating with internal departments as well as the ability to work independently
• Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize workload to meet deadline
• 3 years of experience preferred in a planning or forecasting role with a particular emphasis on data cleaning & analysis, insights, business planning, assortment planning, promotional planning and account management
• Experience with Digital New Media and/or Cable/Satellite/Telecommunications accounts with understanding of the digital business and landscape
• Supervisory experience
• Experience within the entertainment, consumer packaged goods industry, retail, or consulting as well as collaborating with both internal and external sales and management teams
• Prior work experience within a fast paced sales environment
• Experience working with buying teams from major retailers
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
USA - Culver City - Akio Morita Building