Manager Sales Analytics and Insights
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Manager Sales Analytics and Data Science
Worldwide Television Distribution is based in Culver City and responsible for licensing features, series and formats to linear and digital platforms worldwide.
The team has a very open and collaborative culture with focus on individual development and innovation. Senior leadership of the team is highly accessible and fosters growth. The working environment is enriched by the mix of talent from sales, engineering, business development and management consulting.
The LA based Sales Analytics and Insights team collaborates with teams globally doing both local and international projects.
The team is looking for a leader to take analytics and data science capabilities to next level. This role operates at the intersection of business, advanced analytics / data science and technology. It is a highly visible role with opportunity to work with senior leadership across various functions.
This role would be very suited to a technically savvy person with a business focus and intent to help improve the organization capabilities. Attention to detail would be needed to succeed in the role.
Manager would lead analysis and be the leader providing data driven insights. Further the Manager would use their data science and BI skill sets to create predictive models and insightful visualizations/dashboards. There would also be cross-functional collaboration with sales, planning and IT teams.
As such, the candidate must have exceptional hands on analytical and modelling skills, and be must be a big picture thinker. There are three key skill sets required to succeed in the position:
1. Business intelligence/data visualization – Hands on experience in working with SQL, Tableau, Alteryx (or other data manipulation and visualization tools). Good working knowledge of database architectures and systems (Oracle and Teradata preferred).
2. Data science – Understanding of machine learning fundamentals and methods (regressions, random forests, boosted machines, clustering etc). Expertise and hands on experience in data munging, feature engineering, model selection and parameter tuning. Preferable to have comfort programming in both R and Python with high proficiency in at least one of the languages. (Comfort in glm, caret, plyr/dplyr, ggplot2 or scikit-learn, pandas, seaborn, bokeh)
3. Business/cross-functional capabilities – Develop vision for analytics, tools and capabilities needed for future. Ability to communicate with and present to different stakeholders (sales, IT, other business functions). Translating business requirements into analytics requirements/technical roadmap.
She/he must have a passion for data. Experience diving into analytical problems, synthesizing disparate data source and deriving meaningful insights and recommendations is a plus.
MODELING & VISUALIZATION
• Use machine learning algorithms to uncover insights and use visualizations communicate.
• Design better pricing algorithms and pricing basis.
• Develop models to identify drivers of content performance.
• Use Tableau to visualize findings, discuss with sales and other business stakeholders and get buy in.
INNOVATION & TOOLS
• Promote and enable data-driven decision-making across the organization by creating tools to help scale the analytics capability across the organization.
• Work with IT and Research to streamline and integrate various data sources and data flows.
• Synthesize findings and needs into technical requirements and work with cross functional stakeholders to ensure effective implementation.
ANALYTICS & INSIGHTS
• Contribute to the analysis and insights on the most strategic deals in each region.
• Analyze buyer programming strategies, consumer viewing behaviors and market dynamics. Convert analysis into insights to help sales teams.
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Statistics, Physics, Math, Engineering, Economics, Finance, Data Science or Computer Science.
• Minimum 2 years' experience in an analytics role.
• Experience in entertainment, media, technology or consulting a plus.
• Experience building complex models in R/Python as well as doing quick business analytics in excel.
• Experience in using BI tools such as Tableau, Alteryx and proficiency in SQL.
• Experience in working in cross functional environments with multiple teams such as sales, marketing and IT.
• Excellent data manipulation, data cleaning and data visualization skills.
• Deep experience in coding in R or Python and using machine learning algorithms.
• Good communication and presentation skills. Ability to tell a clear, concise, and actionable story with data.
• Attention to the layout and design of how analytical information is presented.
• Strong intellectual curiosity and love of problem-solving with a passion for getting involved to drive action for direct impact on business outcomes.
• Self-motivated and able to operate independently with limited guidance and direction.
• Explores creative and innovative ideas.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
USA - Culver City - Studio Lot - Jack Cohn Bldg