Manager - Publicity
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
The primary function of the SPHE Publicity Manager is to oversee publicity campaigns and communication support for all SPHE release products on all distribution platforms. The SPHE Publicity team based in Culver City, Ca, manages publicity campaigns for all SPHE content including, but not limited to: Columbia Pictures, Screen Gems, Tri Star, Sony Pictures Animation, Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions, Sony Pictures Classics and Sony Pictures Television. The Publicity Manager reports to Director of Publicity.
• Develop, implement and execute strategic publicity campaigns for SPHE product slate.
• Day to day management of external PR agency teams, executing tactics on publicity strategy such as filmmaker and talent communication, writing press releases, managing media inquiries and requests
• Work closely with SPHE marketing teams ensure consistency in positioning and in-line management of campaigns including events and activities. Participate in work team meetings to develop effective publicity efforts that is synergistic with digital/social efforts.
• Manage budget matters regarding assigned projects and agency/vendor billing
• Develop, plan and execute special events such as all-hands meeting, corporate on-the lot-events, retail meeting/events, etc
• Support non-title initiatives with strong publicity strategy and work with other studio PR contacts on MA, UV, etc.
• Liaise with SPE corporate communications as it relates to SPHE executive or corporate matters, with additional support as needed with events and media
• Ensure strong ties with top tier media related to our businesses.
• Develop strong relationships with key PR contacts across different Sony business units, especially for Theatrical and TV teams.
Experience: 3 to 5 years of experience within publicity, preferably in a studio/entertainment environment. Participates and/advises leadership on limited some fiscal matters.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word
• Excellent writing skills
• Strong verbal communication skills
• Excellent project management skills
• Corporate communication skills a plus
• Posed and confident demeanor to speak to senior execs and top tier media
• Strong organization skills
• Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and multitask
• Positive attitude with a sense of humor
• Must be a self-starter and a team-player
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
USA - Culver City - Akio Morita Building