Manager, Production Accounting
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Manager, Production Accounting
The Manager of Production Accounting is responsible for the production cost financials and analysis for Sony Pictures Television Productions. This position is responsible for all financial and accounting functions related to production inclusive of cost reporting, forecasting/cash flows, production accounts payable and payroll processing, general accounting. The Manager of Production Accounting will work directly with the Executive Director, Production Accounting and interface with Production Executives, Producers, Production Managers, Coordinators, as well as with vendors, clients, Finance Management and Business Affairs and help supervise teams of production accountants for respective TV shows.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage financial aspects of production accounting: including budgeting, cash flows, cost tracking, variance analysis, forecasting estimated final cost (EFC) Budgeting and cost tracking television production (Development, Pre-Production, Production and Post Production phases)
• Help oversee all aspects of Production Accounting inclusive of weekly Estimated Final Cost (EFC) forecasting, cash flow forecasting, variance analysis, and reporting
• Assist Executive Director on production funding of 3rd party packagers ensuring completeness of cost information and cash flow actualization to cost.
• Responsible for monitoring balances of production funded bank accounts and coordinating information to Treasury and banking team.
• Assist Executive Director to oversee and supervise teams of production accountants for respective TV shows – network, cable, new media/digital and ensure compliance with SPT policies, procedures and SOX.
• Approve purchase orders, invoices, petty cash, procurement card expenses, travel authorization as it relates to the respective shows.
• Liaison between the production teams, production accounting and TV Finance management, Music and Risk Management
• Assist Executive Director with Labor, Legal and Business Affairs related to production issues
• Assist in liaising with outside CPA firms and Film Commissioners and governmental agencies as they relate to the filing of tax incentives/tax credits/rebates inclusive of providing information/documentation for the respective filing for both US and International production.
• Assist with 3rd party auditors as they related to production costs
• Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects if needed
• Experience working in an entertainment company or for entertainment clients, preferably TV production accounting
• Accounting / basic audit knowledge needed
• Basic knowledge of Guild and Union Payroll – SAG/AFTRA/DGA/WGA/IA
• Proactive with strong follow-through on all projects; ability to bring projects to timely completion
• Ability to perform tasks with independence
• Ability to quickly grasp new concepts
• Ability to problem-solve
• Detail-oriented; strong organizational, analytical skills
• Ability to work well with others in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Advanced MS Excel/Access knowledge
• Working Knowledge and prior experience with SAP/Vista is desired
• Working knowledge of production and TV production accounting is needed
• Four year accounting/finance degree required
• 5 years Production Accounting experience is needed
• Entertainment Industry experience required
• Knowledge of studio environment is desirable
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios