Manager, DMP - Digital Media Buying
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Manager, DMP - Digital Media Buying
Sony Pictures is rethinking Digital Marketing, launching an in-house Digital Media Buying functions and building a best-in-class data foundation by bringing 1st-party data management closer to our internal planning & buying teams. This internal DMP management will work alongside the newly-formed internal data operations & programmatic media buying teams, evolving together to meet the needs of Sony's business. Members of this new team should come in with a start-up mentality (ambitious, hands-on, etc) – eager to build the future digital-first workforce of Sony Pictures.
DMP Management: The Manager will be responsible for the management of Saleforce DMP (formerly Krux), from end-to-end across the digital campaigns for upcoming movie releases (or in this case, from data collection to activation to reporting & insight/best-practice building). He/She will manage end-to-end audience capture initiatives on Sony web & media assets, designing segment taxonomies & audience targeting tactics to improve media efficiency and drive ticket sales for Sony movies. As part of the in-housing of this function, he/she will need to audit the current strategies & taxonomies for data collection and activation across channels, recommending & implementing adjustments or broader overhauls to our approach.
Analytics and Reporting: The Manager will be responsible for executing various pre, mid and/or post-campaign analyses using DMP collection & activation/performance data (eg, frequency reporting. 'overlap analyses', etc). He/She will share insights with various internal team while owning action items & optimizations to improve media efficiency & effectiveness.
External Data Management: The Manager will proactively push for, coordinate & troubleshoot integrations between various publishers and Sony's DMP. He/she will act as a technical liaison to ensure audiences data is passed seamlessly to Sony for retargeting and measurement purposes
Billing: The Manager will be work with internal team to execute all monthly billing requirements
Miscellaneous: As Sony's internal data operations & programmatic teams grow & evolve, it will be critical for the DMP Manager to support the education of our internal teams (as it relates to DMP data capture & activation). The Manager will support regular knowledge-share sessions to socialize DMP strategic updates to internal and external team.
5-8 years of experience
• B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or related fields
• Ad-tech / audience & data management technologies
• Professional experience in managing and building audience and data products for media execution, Saleforce Krux preferred
• Experience with DoubleClick, Innovid, and other 3rd party tracking solutions needed
• Understanding of digital media and programmatic landscape (i.e. GDPR) as well as application and implementation of ad server log files
• Familiar with digital media metrics and measurement tools
• Working knowledge in programmatic technologies, such as DBM, TTD, or Brightroll
• Advanced technical understanding of data engineering required to onboard data management platforms
• Professional experience in analytics
• Highly analytical and great problem-solving skills
• Exceptional organizational and time management skills
• Advanced experience in working with SQL-like interfaces, Tableau, and data processing/data warehousing
• Proficient in other MS Office products like Word and PowerPoint
• Excellent communication and writing skills
• Proactively identify future product enhancements to improve overall marketing effectiveness
• Explore and keep improving reporting and targeting capability with minimal directions
• Analyze and interpret large amounts of data
• Collaborate with different teams from the organization and drive projects to successful result
• Articulating complex tech-related issues and educating ranges of audiences
• Work under pressure and with short deadlines across multiple teams with fragmented, vertical (title-by-title) priorities
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
USA - Culver City - Studio Lot - Burns Bldg