Manager, Business Relationship Management
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Manager, Business Relationship Management, Music Rights & Royalties
The Manager, Business Relationship Management (BRM) is responsible for owning the applications created for the Music Business Affairs and Script Clearance groups. The role will require a combination of strong technology background and business acumen to manage relationships between business and IT in day-to-day operations and delivery of IT services. The BRM partners with the business to understand the changing business needs and ensure that IT's alignment to business objectives are achieved. The BRM role may perform project management activities and must be well versed in project management, and product owner, disciplines.
• Taking over product ownership of applications created for the Music Business Affairs group, the Script Clearance group as well as tools and applications used in the creative/development process
• Manage projects to enhance and augment existing systems as well as the creation of new systems especially in the areas of Contract Management, Music Asset management, Music Licensing, Talent engagement, Business Affairs, Script Clearance, etc.
• Working closely with the client groups to insure their IT needs are met by the tools that have been selected or built
• Initiating and facilitating communications between stakeholders, acting as a primary point of contact for defined groups
• Facilitating open communication and discussion between stakeholders; Captures and disseminates technical and business information
• Leveraging the enterprise's IT organization, infrastructure and technology capabilities to deliver business results
• Providing VIP support in conjunction with and on behalf of the Global Service Desk, acting as a point of escalation for incidents with high business impact
• Run Scrum meetings and manage the backlog of stories in partnership with the clients to set priorities on enhancements that deliver the most value
• Stakeholder Management: The candidate will communicate with all levels of the organization; from BAs to senior executives.
Key outputs include:
• Sprint velocity that makes the most of the resources available to deliver value
• User stories including Acceptance Criteria to effectively communicate requirements to the engineering teams
• Wire-frames and other artifacts to facilitate clear business understanding and approval before making key changes to systems
• Contributions to Greenlight documents
• The role has no direct reports but will work with a team of 3-4 onshore and 3-4 off-shore resources.
• Working knowledge of the development life cycle for motion pictures and television, contract management, especially for talent deals, and the role the legal department plays in the production process, including script clearance and music licensing.
• Solid understanding of the day-to-day execution of business processes and related IT tasks
• Knowledge of Agile project and program management fundamentals
• Knowledge of enterprise IT Strategy, ITIL, IT Best Practice and Change Delivery
• Proven skills in project management:
• Organize and lead the production of all collateral required to initiate a project (including proposal, business case/cost benefit analysis, high level requirements specifications, and other elaboration phase outputs). Assess/recommend skills and resources needed to successfully complete the project(s) and achieve the business and IT goals
• Maintain the project budget, project tracking and reporting requirements, and status reporting. Ensure that company controls are observed and applied to all projects under management. Ensure that a communications strategy and risk mitigation plan has been created and signed off by project stakeholders, and is being followed. Establish and maintain clear escalation procedures so that problems and issues encountered are addressed in a timely manner.
• Manage the project through all the phases and milestones from requirements gathering to post-implementation reviews. The project manager is responsible for ensuring that the necessary resources/skills are available as the project(s) go through the various phases of a software development life-cycle.
• For projects involving third parties, the project manager is accountable for ensuring that clear specifications are developed and communicated to the third parties (e.g. Preferred Service Providers), including criteria for acceptance of the outputs from the third parties.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios