International Production Development Trainee, Spring
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
International Production Development Trainee, Motion Picture Group - Spring 2019
Sony Pictures International Productions is searching for hard-working and driven candidates for a Development Trainee. Over the course the training, the Trainee will learn about Sony's International Local Language productions. Trainee will assist departmental staff with reading submitted scripts, and making writers & directors' lists, as well as commercial film making trends in territories across the globe (among other tasks). Interest in International feature film development, foreign language skills, and prior desk experience is a plus.
The Sony Pictures Entertainment Professional Trainee program offers a unique opportunity to work alongside the teams that come together to create movies, TV shows, and other great experiences. These paid assignments provide meaningful and productive work that allow you to build your resume, experience and develop your skills further. You will be provided with challenging tasks, real-world experience, valuable networking opportunities, and many educational and social opportunities while on the lot.
This Spring Professional Trainee position is from January to May. All candidates must be able to work 40 hours a week.
• Reading and providing summaries and synopses for incoming submissions and project drafts.
• Administrative tasks (answering phones, scheduling, expenses) as needed.
• Assist with checking director, writer, and actor availabilities for Local Language projects.
• Research and compile lists of potential actors, directors and writers for upcoming films.
• Research trends in International commercial filmmaking in territories we operate in.
• Additional support with project-related research for films in creative development.
• The intern will gain experience/exposure to the following:
• Insight into Sony Pictures International Productions operations around the world.
• Learn who the major players (i.e. screenwriters, agents, directors, and studio executives) are in the International film industry and their roles in the filmmaking process.
• Learn how to analyze scripts and provide notes from a Local Language studio perspective.
• Learn how a studio provides entertainment to our International markets.
• Passion and focus on film and World Cinema.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience in basic Photoshop/PowerPoint is helpful, but not required for compiling creative materials for project research.
• Web/tech savvy in order to keep an eye out for trending topics, and projects on social media.
• Good eye for creative materials and topics in the International zeitgeist, which will aid executives in brainstorming for projects.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
USA - Culver City - Studio Lot - Thalberg Bldg
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Entertainment Inc., a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies. For additional information, go to our website.