Head Of Sales, Distribution
Sony PicturesSão Paulo, SP
Full Time Job
Head of Sales, Distribution
The Head of Sales, Distribution for Brazil is a highly motivated, innovative and strategic thinker who shares a passion for content, creative deal-making and driving business growth. Based in São Paulo, the Head of Sales, Distribution for Brazil is an energetic leader, responsible for all aspects of our Television distribution business in Brazil. The qualified candidate in this role must have the ability to be nimble in an evolving market, while taking advantage of industry trends both global and regional with respect to digital consumption on traditional and emerging platforms. This individual will manage existing business while also mining for new opportunities in the market.
Main Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Building Relationships: Must have or be able to develop and nurture strong and lasting relationships with key clients and partners, while also developing new business relationships. Ability to secure cooperation and drive consensus as a trusted business partner across senior management and other departments as well as partners internally and externally. Manage relationships within the distribution group and across other divisions at Sony Pictures Entertainment (Theatrical, Production, Legal, etc.) and with other Sony Corp. entities including Music, Electronics, Mobile, PlayStation, etc. Receive, filter and channel client feedback to all product lines and divisions to continue improving our products and services supporting Sony position as a premier programming solutions provider. Must demonstrate strong leadership capabilities and be a role model to the local teams and the rest of the organization.
• Presentation and Deal Negotiation: Responsible for all aspects of prospecting, pitching, presenting and negotiating with potential, new and existing business partners in Free TV, Basic Cable and Digital (SVOD, AVOD, VOD, EST). Manage deal packages with major Free Television stations, ensuring maximization of commitments and revenue generation. Formulate and implement sales strategies, identify potential opportunities and ensure optimization of deals. Demonstrate skill in negotiating and papering aggressive and favorable terms. Ensure the coordination of internal resources to properly execute and service contracts.
• Business Development/ Digital: Explore, promote and create a strategy for new business opportunities with focus on clients' needs and concerns. Manage day to day relationship with digital partners and recognize when to pivot approach in an always-evolving digital landscape. Keep abreast of industry trends and technologies, and be prepared to apply them quickly. Work closely with legal team to paper agreements.
• Managing co-production and acquisition opportunities: Working closely with the production and theatrical groups to identify projects of interest in the market and create viable business models. Leverage agencies, writers, local networks, potential partners, production companies and key industry contacts to increase production and catalogue of content. Stay abreast of local tax and government subsidy opportunities to maximize value for SPT.
• Meeting Sales Goals and Budgeting: Achieve and exceed annual sales budgets focusing on growth targets, while continuously generating incremental sales and revenue opportunities. Work with other teams in the establishment of budgets, goals, priorities and strategies reflecting optimum market potential in all media including. Provide sales estimates and projections on individual deals and products, and ensure such projections are met.
• Planning: Review, and execute processes and guidelines for all aspects of the sales planning process, including smart and aggressive windowing, pricing and product maximization, considering business objectives, market conditions, best alternatives, etc. Work with multiple operations teams in Miami and Los Angeles to increase efficiency and accuracy of the avail lists generation and the management and administration of contracts.
• Marketing & Promotion: Liaise and collaborate with Marketing and Public Relations Teams to oversee and implement marketing, public relations and promotional strategies that support our client relationships increase product performance and improve brand and corporate position.
• 6 years in entertainment, media, sales, marketing and/or management role
• Very good understanding of current media landscape in Brazil and various aspects of the TV industry, including programming, acquisitions, and production
• Strong base of existing relationships in the Brazilian media market
• Broad Experience and understanding of digital rights, and of SVOD and transactional businesses. Ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects and deals in various stages of development
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
• Strong leadership and management abilities
• Entrepreneurial spirit and initiative
• Establishing and implementing strategic vision
• Extremely collaborative and teamwork-oriented
• Advanced sales, negotiation and problem-solving skills, and experience working with distribution deals
• Understanding of media contracts/ experience working with Legal
• Results-driven with strong customer focus on innovation, business development and relationship management
• Portuguese and English skills both written and spoken; Spanish also preferred
• Strong interpersonal communication skills, especially strong oral communication and presentation skills
• Ability to travel regularly domestically and overseas
• Bachelor's degree, MBA preferred
Sony Pictures Entertainment will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the Brazil for this opening
BRA - Brooklin Novo - SP, Av das Nacoes