Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Financial Analyst, Motion Picture Finance
Currently we are seeking a Financial Analyst for our Motion Picture Finance Group (MPF) in the Culver City, CA office. MPF is part of Corporate Finance, working for the Columbia TriStar Motion Picture Group (MPG), which include the creative and releasing labels of Columbia Pictures, TriStar Pictures, Sony Pictures Animation, Screen Gems, Sony Pictures Classics and Sony Pictures International Productions. This individual will be responsible for the following:
• In General: Prepare and report on internal finance processes for MPG, specifically in the areas of Ultimates and forecasting for Screen Gems (SG) and Sony Pictures Animation (SPA) film labels. Also responsible for assisting with overhead forecasting.
• Prepare P&L, Cash Flow and Balance Sheet forecast schedules for the annual budget, 4 quarterly forecast and various forecast updates throughout the quarters, for SG and SPA including highlights of risks and opportunities. Prepare other reconciliations to actual results and forecasts as needed for MPF and Corporate review.
• Prepare overhead forecast schedules, including highlights of risks and opportunities; reconcile to forecasts and budget. Prepare other reconciliations to actual results and forecasts as needed for MPF and Corporate review.
• Assist in preparation of Travel & Entertainment reporting for MPG overhead.
• Assist in preparation and reconciliation of SG/SPA Ultimates; receive input from distribution divisions, review for reasonability, and update models as needed. Prepare title analyses, waterfall calculations and audit schedules, as needed.
• Develop and maintain relationships with key process customers: All department heads for overhead and People & Organization contracts for each division: Columbia, TriStar, Screen Gems, Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions, Sony Pictures International Production and Production Accounting.
• Assist in planned system upgrade of overhead forecasting system.
• Run queries and prepare SAP and excel reports for ad hoc analysis for Operations and Corporate, as needed.
• BS/BA degree with accounting/finance/economic focus required
• CPA is a plus; Interest in CPA certification is a plus
• 1 year experience and/or internship experience preferred
• SAP/ESSBASE/Access knowledge preferred
• Strong MS Excel skills required (Modeling, Look-ups, pivot tables)
• Ability to quickly grasp new concepts and problem solve
• Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects while working in a cross functional team environment
• Strong accounting knowledge
• Ability to perform tasks with reasonable independence
• Strong level of communication and interpersonal skills; willingness to learn and high energy preferred
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Sony Pictures Entertainment is a leading creator and distributor of entertainment products, services and technology. Our global operations encompass motion picture production and distribution, television programming and syndication, home entertainment acquisitions and distribution, operation of studio facilities, development of new entertainment technologies and distribution of filmed entertainment world-wide.