Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
The Finance Manager is an integral member of the Sony Finance team, responsible for providing operational and financial support to the worldwide theatrical marketing and consumer products businesses.
• Oversee worldwide theatrical marketing and consumer products quarterly revenue forecasting processes and prepare financial analysis to summarize revenue projections/trends by licensee, title, category, and market.
• Support annual MRP, Division Budget, quarterly forecasts and other financial reporting cycles.
• Create annual budgets by film property to identify opportunities for cost savings
• Develop budget management reports to track and communicate actual spending vs. budget
• Manage department purchase orders and invoices to ensure spending is within budget and coded to the proper account
• Work with licensees, agents, and Accounting team to ensure accuracy of royalty reporting and streamline processes for identifying and collecting outstanding payments.
• Work closely with Accounts Payable to process invoices and resolve payment inquiries.
• Facilitate vendor set-up for department
• Assist with ad hoc projects and identify opportunities for operational improvements.
• Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
• 4 years of experience in analytical roles preferably in the areas of consumer goods, entertainment, and IP licensing.
• Advanced Microsoft Excel including strong financial modeling skills.
• Strong knowledge of finance and accounting principles.
• Problem-solving and organizational skills required
• Proven ability to manage multiple priorities and meet challenging deadlines
• Proven ability to perform both independently and as a team
• Ability to build strong professional relationships, particularly with senior management both in Operations and Finance and ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios