Finance Manager German Networks
Sony PicturesLondon, UK
Full Time Job
Finance Manager – German Networks (Mat Cover)
Please note that this role is based in the United Kingdom. In order to enable us to meet statutory and regulatory obligations of the United Kingdom immigration system you must have the appropriate immigration permission needed to work and reside in the United Kingdom.
We're currently looking for a Finance Manager to join our SPT Networks division, working across our German Networks, on a 12 month Maternity Leave Cover Contract.
• A Finance Manager role for the AXN, Sony Channel & Animax SVOD German Networks:
• Production of monthly Financial Management Reporting packs – including balance sheet, P&L and cash flows with variance explanations compared to budget and the quarterly reforecast, within a SAP environment.
• Reporting monthly numbers to VP GSA & Networks Finance Group in London, detailing financial and operational issues.
• Producing the channel budgets and quarterly reforecasts, working with all channel budget holders / stakeholders in Munich and London.
• Producing mid range strategic plans for the channel, working with all budget holders / stakeholders in London and Munich
• Supporting the VP GSA in all financial and commercial issues of the channels.
• Monitoring / management of entities banking / treasury operations including obtaining funding from Home Office as required.
• Understanding and analysis of all entities that comprise the channel on a stand alone and consolidated basis.
• Ensuring agreements between the above entities; Program Supply Agreement & Consultancy Services Agreement, are adhered to and are in line with local laws.
• Liaison with local authorities to ensure compliance including preparation and submission of corporate tax and VAT returns.
• Managing Sarbanes-Oxley requests.
• Monitoring Channels accounting policies where necessary to ensure appropriateness and consistency with overall Sony policy & US GAAP.
• Ensuring the channel has all appropriate documentation / insurances in place to meet local requirements, ensuring these are Sony compliant.
• Manage and mentor finance assistant.
• Liaise with the Shared Service Centre (a transactional accounting hub function located in Poland): perform monthly and quarterly reviews of accounting.
Who we're looking for:
• ACA / CIMA qualified or equivalent
• Educated to degree level possibly in a financial related subject, or mathematical orientated field;
• Very strong financial modeling and analytical skills, with a high proficiency in excel;
• Accounting in SAP;
• Highly organized, working under pressure and across different time zones;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills (in English and German (preferable, but not essential)) with experience of reporting at a senior level;
• A strong team player who thrives under the pressure of meeting tight deadlines;
• Strong problem solving skills, together with the ability to be flexible, adaptable and resourceful;
• Ability to work independently and to use own initiative in all situations;
• Background likely to be in media (but not essential) / commercial accounting.
If this sounds like you, please click Apply Now, and please attach a copy of your CV!
Sony Pictures Entertainment is committed to equal opportunity in all its employment practices, policies and procedures. No worker or potential worker will therefore receive less favourable treatment due to his or her race, age, creed, sexual orientation, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, religion, gender, marital status or Trade Union membership (if applicable).
* Sony Pictures - GBR - London