Finance Manager, FP&A Development
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Finance Manager, FP&A Development (TV)
The Manager FP&A US Television Production
• Responsible for the financial management of development projects and overall term deal contracts within SPT division.
• Collaborate with Creative and Business Affairs team to ensure all projects are accounted for and produce regular reports and ad hoc requests for executive management team.
• Process weekly payroll for all term deals, which includes managing both internal and external groups, reviewing check requests, and producing payment setup calculations on overall term deals.
• Prepare and post monthly accounting entries to record development and term deal expenses and accruals.
• Interpret complex script, network and overall term deal agreements, while monitoring production slate activity to assess the financial impact on development budget and provide variance analysis.
• Coordinate with Business Affairs, Creative, Networks, and Billings teams to provide comprehensive quarterly forecasts for all SPT development activity
• Prepare financial presentations for operations & senior management
• Develop and implement processes to leverage existing tools and streamline workflows.
• Complete special projects for operations and finance as necessary.
• BS/BA degree with accounting/finance focus required
• Five years public and/or private accounting experience required. TV production industry experience essential
• CPA and/or MBA preferred
• Entertainment experience preferred
• SAP or Essbase knowledge preferred
• Strong MS Excel skills required
• Ability to quickly grasp new concepts and problem solve
• Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects
• Strong accounting / GAAP knowledge
• Detail-oriented with strong organizational, analytical and PC skills
• Ability to work well with others in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with all levels of management
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios