Finance Compliance Manager
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Finance Compliance Manager
The Technical Accounting & Compliance Department sits within the Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) Corporate Finance Group. The team is accountable for consulting and advising business units on a proactive basis on accounting issues and policies, internal controls, and corporate governance. The department is also responsible for ensuring SPE is in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX). In addition, the group serves as a liaison to the external auditors, Tax and Internal Audit (RCD) in preparation and retention of Financial Statement Information and disclosures in coordination with Sony Corporation and the respective business units within SPE. The group also works with Legal and Business Development on various issues such as due diligence reviews.
The Finance Compliance Manager will work closely with the VP, Enterprise Risk Management & Compliance on SOX compliance, as well as special projects designed to add value to the operations of Finance and the overall business. Additionally, he/she will also be responsible for assisting with SOX PMO activities, process design, business case analytics and presentation development for worldwide initiatives aimed at improving audit quality, efficiency, controls and governance around business and finance operations, tools, and processes. The Finance Compliance Manager will also need to develop and maintain a detailed knowledge of company-wide operations that will enable transitioning to key roles in other company initiatives/projects, if necessary. As a result, this resource will have exposure to all the various Finance and Operational resources and departments within the company.
In addition, the Finance Compliance Manager will work closely with the Vice President on special projects designed to add value to key finance and operational areas as well as to the overall business.
• Oversee management, testing and reporting of key Company Level (CLC) and Business Process (BPC) controls in accordance with SOX 404 requirements.
• Provide guidance and liaise with External Auditors and Internal Audit, as well as appropriate consultant project resources to ensure all key SOX related risks are being adequately addressed across the company.
• Support and educate employees on company-wide internal control compliance, including assisting senior management and project teams with clarification of requirements and implementing controls and policies to mitigate risk.
• Proactively provide insightful recommendations across financial and operational initiatives to ensure SOX compliance and increased audit efficiencies (e.g., Ongoing Revenue Recognition adoption, IFRS, Shared Service Center Migrations and Business Process Improvements, S4 HANA Business Process and Segregation of Duties assessments, etc.).
• Work with other finance and operational personnel on integration of newly acquired operations into SPE operations and organization with a focus on risk and governance issues.
• Participate in special projects and company-wide initiatives to ensure potential control and process gaps are being addressed.
• BS/BA – Finance/Accounting or Business degree
• CPA (or equivalent) is preferred.
• 5 years accounting work experience in an accounting firm or related industry.
• Experience in SOX internal controls and detailed business process expertise required.
• Experience in a public accounting firm; direct client experience in motion picture and related industries preferred.
Critical Success Factors
• Excellent project management skills including the ability to manage multiple projects, work independently and meet deadlines.
• Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong PC and analytical skills required.
• Self-motivated team player.
• Willingness to travel.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios