Sony PicturesLondon, UK
Full Time Job
Finance Analyst (6 mth FTC)
Sony Pictures Television (SPT) Networks Baltics broadcasts 2 channels across Eastern Europe. The channels offer television content from Sony Pictures and third party distributors. CableDirect is an advertising sales company based in Croatia and Romania.
The Finance Analyst provides day-to-day support for the Baltics function, Cable Direct and Network Operations working closely with the Senior Accounting and Finance Manager and the Operational teams.
Working under the guidance of and supporting the Senior Accounting and Finance manager, the responsibilities of the role will include, but not be limited to:
• Responsibility for the accuracy of monthly / quarterly / annual reporting for Network operations, Baltics channels and Cable Direct across both P&L, Balance Sheet and cash flow
• Work closely with accounting shared service centre to ensure key accounting journal entries are prepared/reviewed, posted timely and accurately
• Preparation of analysis versus budget / forecasts and support preparation of month-end reports
• Preparation of quarterly / annual SOX deliverables
• Maintain content licensing schedules, assisting in month-end reconciliation to SAP
• Follow up with shared service centre on outstanding month-end items, ensuring these are actioned timely and accurately
• Raise inter-company invoices in-line with allocation calculation agreed with Senior Accounting and Finance Manager and business partner
• Assist with the preparation of CableDirect Audit and working with auditors to ensure the audit
Business support and analysis
• Provide support to Network operations, CableDirect and Baltics team
• Support the accounts payable end-to-end process for the operational team, ensuring compliance with SPE policy
• Support to Senior finance teams on ad hoc projects
• Assist Head of FP&A with regular presentations/analysis required for forecasts, new business, and reporting to SPT executives
• Responsible for the annual budget and the forecasting process for Network Operations, Baltics and Cable Direct
What we're looking for:
• 1-2 years in a similar nature finance role
• Professional qualification in finance or accountancy
• Media sector experience desirable
• Part-qualified (preferably Professional level in ACCA or Strategic level in CIMA) for professional accountancy qualification
• Accounting in SAP desirable
• Highly organized, working under pressure and across different time zones
• Ability to work and engage cross-functionally and remotely – excellent communication skills both written and verbal and great interpersonal skills both over the phone and face to face
• A strong team player who thrives under the pressure of meeting tight deadlines
• Strong problem solving skills, together with the ability to be flexible, adaptable and resourceful
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to work independently and to use own initiative in all situations
If this sounds like a role of interest to you, we would love to hear from you - please click Apply Now, and attach a copy of your most updated CV!
Please note that this role is based in the United Kingdom. In order to enable us to meet statutory and regulatory obligations of the United Kingdom immigration system you must have the appropriate immigration permission needed to work and reside in the United Kingdom.
Sony Pictures Entertainment is committed to equal opportunity in all its employment practices, policies and procedures. No worker or potential worker will therefore receive less favorable treatment due to his or her race, age, creed, sexual orientation, color, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, religion, gender, marital status or Trade Union membership (if applicable).
* Sony Pictures - GBR - London