Executive Director, Brand Marketing
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Executive Director, Brand Marketing
Reporting directly to the SVP of Marketing, the Executive Director Brand Marketing will be responsible for developing and implementing product marketing strategy and marketing campaign plans as the brand lead for tentpole releases (e.g. family, fanboy, franchise).
The Executive Director will develop product marketing strategies, positioning and branding, implementing both domestic trade and consumer campaign plans. They will lead a work team of marketing services experts (i.e., Creative, Media, PR, Research, Digital, International and Shopper Marketing) to set strategy, drive product development and see Sony Pictures Home Entertainment title plans from planning, through execution, to post analyses ensuring campaign plans deliver on the overall marketing strategy. This role will partner with digital and physical commercial teams to determine release dates, channel/platform strategy, forecasts and go-to-market strategies.
• Create and Implement Marketing Strategy
• Oversee product creative elements – both trade and consumer, (e.g. Artwork, Packaging, TV, Print, Digital, Radio)
• Oversee product release marketing P&L
• Partner with the Commercial and cross functional teams to sell in the titles with key physical and digital retail accounts
• Work with Shopper Marketing to achieve optimal retail programs and presence
• Liaise and collaborate on a regular basis with licensors/content partners and filmmakers.
• Oversee agency management including but not limited to marketing agencies and trade vendors and work closely with a media planning & buying agency as well as numerous ad-hoc agencies based on project needs
• Work with promotional partners on all marketing strategies and creative campaign elements to drive a cohesive and integrated extension to the overall national marketing plan
• Work with SVP Marketing to ensure consistent overall brand team processes and output of creative materials
• Effectively communicate and collaborate all levels of both internal and external stakeholders
• Create and drive marketing strategies and functional plans
• Effectively present marketing campaigns and go-to-market plans to a diverse audience base, including commercial team and content partners/filmmakers
• Manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously, with excellent attention to detail
• Be a pro-active team player with experience managing a team, who can balance marketing and commercial needs in a fast paced and changing business environment
• Ability to be nimble, open to change and constantly evaluating/improving processes, distribution models and go to market initiatives to drive growth opportunities, improvements and efficiencies.
• 8-10 years marketing experience (Marketing/ CPG and Technology preferred)
• 5 years management experience
• Experience in creating and implementing lifecycle consumer marketing campaigns – New release thru franchise catalog drafting windows
• Proven experience leading a team and working cross-functionally
• Experience in working collaboratively with Marketing and Sales teams, promotional partners, external customers, agencies and vendors
• Proven experience in developing and executing strategic plans
• Problem-solving, solutions-oriented skills, both quantitative and qualitative
• Strong planning and project management skills
• Strong presentation skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Bachelor's Degree required (Business/Finance/Marketing major), MBA preferred
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
USA - Culver City - Akio Morita Building