Director, Special Projects
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Director, Special Projects
This is a unique opportunity to join the Sony Pictures Entertainment team on projects supporting & enhancing their highest growing business segment – Television. This position will partner with different areas within Sony Pictures Television and will have operational and strategic input for developing, recommending & implementing solutions for business needs.
• Manage priorities for SPT Chairman on commercial matters – ensuring the right level of visibility for issues to be resolved efficiently.
• Prepare and manage the relevant documents for internal & external approval processes
• Responsible for the overall consolidation and follow up of actions related to the SPT strategic plan and budget process.
• Responsible for the execution of business projects assigned by Chairman of SPT. For these projects you will;
• Build understanding of business problem through data collection & research
• Working with our internal teams, create and deliver business recommendation/s, including a detailed strategy & plans.
• Analyse, synthesize & recommend solutions
• Project manage to timely completion the final recommended solution to key Stakeholders, working with & leading a virtual/remote team of employees, partners & vendors to implement. Regularly update senior management with the status of all pending matters in a format approved by senior management
• Organize and attend Senior Management Meetings. This role will collect agenda points and compile those points into follow up actions for execution. As appropriate, take minutes of meetings to ensure completion of all agreed to actions.
• Liaise with Executives of other Sony divisions. Maintain open line of communication to address common issues. Where appropriate, problem solve solutions to improve communications between divisions & companies.
• Assist in the implementation of corporate initiatives for SPT
• Create and implement systems and procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness within SPT divisions and with other Sony companies
• Analyze & ensure compliance with SPE and SPT policies
Ideal candidate profile:
• A ''big picture'' thinker and strategist, able to stand above the day to day deliverables when required and contribute meaningfully to the strategy of the company, but who is also attuned to details required for successful execution;
• Very strong project management skills; experience managing large virtual teams across internal and external partners and driving the team to timely results;
• Highly effective use of reliable research sources and data analysis.
• Hands-on experience at working with an organization undergoing change and growth in a competitive, creative and fast-moving environment;
• Excellent relationship manager - able to work seamlessly with all levels of employees & third parties in a variety of business scenarios
• Highly international perspective
• The highest standard in influencing and interpersonal skills, in order to build and develop strong partnerships.
• Diplomacy and discretion.
• MBA required
• Ideally 5 years' plus experience in business management, ideally with experience consulting with organizations in the past
• Entertainment experience preferred
• Travel as required globally
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
USA - Culver City - Studio Lot - Jack Cohn Bldg
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America, a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production and distribution; television production and distribution; home entertainment acquisition and distribution; a global channel network; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; development of new entertainment products, services and technologies; and distribution of entertainment in 159 countries.
Sony Pictures Television is one of the television industry's leading content providers. It produces and distributes programming in every genre, including series, telefilms, theatrical releases and family entertainment around the world and for every platform: broadcast and cable television, first-run and off-network syndication and digital distribution. In addition to one of the industry's largest libraries of feature films and television shows, SPT boasts a current program slate that includes the top-rated daytime dramas and game shows, landmark off-network series, original animated series and critically acclaimed primetime dramas, comedies and telefilms. Internationally, SPT produces 6,000 hours of programming annually in over 70 countries. SPT is a leader in local language productions. SPT also maintains offices in 32 countries to better serve its clients and partners on a global scale.