Director Of Security - Special Operations
Sony PicturesLondon, United Kingdom, UK
Full Time Job
Director of Security - Special Operations (EMEA)
Director of Security - Special Operations (EMEA)
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America, a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production and distribution; television production and distribution; home entertainment acquisition and distribution; a global channel network; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; development of new entertainment products, services and technologies; and distribution of entertainment in 159 countries.
Reporting to the Executive Director for EMEA Security Operations for Sony Pictures Entertainment, the Director of Security - Special Operations (EMEA), will leverage broad business knowledge, extensive subject matter expertise and international experience to provide strategic guidance and strategy setting on a wide array of issues including: risk management/mitigation; significant special events management; Film/TV and Digital production security management; design and integration of regional security systems; investigations and threat management support; emergency management functions; crime prevention; planning and developing effective programs and safeguards; certain aspects of anti-piracy and content protection; law enforcement liaison; contract services management; organisational development; and other duties as designated
This position is based at SPE corporate offices located in London, UK and resides in the Security, Environmental, Health and Safety Department.
Special Event Security (Strategic)
• Strategic oversight of all security logistics and physical security operations for SPE Premieres and Special Events within the EMEA region.
• Defines and manages the global/EMEA performance metrics to determine the effectiveness of the program.
• Develop and direct comprehensive recce and event planning protocols for staff and contractors when assigned to high visibility events and details.
• Prepare contingency plans of relevant processes/support mechanisms in the event of a crisis.
• Coordinate with Senior Emergency Management personnel and GSOC staff to ensure key site and staffing personnel are identified in the event of incident or disaster/return to business as usual as soon as practicable.
Production Security (Strategic)
• Assist the Executive Director with the creation and directional ownership of EMEA region Event and Production protection and security strategy.
• Strategic oversight of all security logistics and physical security operations for all SPE Productions (Feature Film, TV, and Digital) during the planning and execution phases within the EMEA region.
• Liaison on security issues between the production's management, crew, and SPE Global Security management; including briefing of producers, crew, and staff on security assessments for all general and specific security issues.
• Work directly with SPE Production senior management in the planning and execution phase of all remote filming – assessing the security needs, securing appropriate vendors, traveling to remotes when required and identifying lessons learned for greater opportunity for efficiencies
• Develop and implement Production Tracking programs for immediate location and risk analysis.
• Work directly with the Global Response and Intelligence Center to obtain risk assessments and intelligence updates on all remote locations, talent, and crew.
General Responsibilities (strategic)
• Develops a scalable operation model (events/productions) to include the strategy, roadmap, goals objectives and staffing.
• Collaborates with cross functional partners to anticipate, identify and evaluate opportunities that carry a significant risk to SPE enterprise.
• Builds and maintains robust cross-functional partnerships across the global security team and SPE by communicating team objectives, sharing successes and new opportunities to enhance safe and secure work environments.
• Build a comprehensive network with the production and special event community to continually promote best practice.
• Directs and defines personal protection support strategies for SPE Production senior executives and talent as needed.
• Chair/co-chair crisis management teams at a regional/EMEA level.
• Work closely with the Global Security Systems team and procurement partners to identify synergies in vendor relationships, opportunities within the EMEA region.
• Create relevant policies when required and ensure use of updated policies and procedures, and develop a regular communication rhythm with Global Response & Intelligence Center team
• Direct and lead EMEA security vendors and implement action plans for SPE Production teams
• Produce and then coordinate a coherent strategy for all security vendors who operate remotely in EMEA for SPE Production and ensuring security guidelines are up to date and adhered to.
The ideal candidate will have the below:
• Broad range of strategic level Law enforcement, Military, intelligence agencies, Executive Protection and/or security program management experience; preferably with large public event experience.
• Knowledge and interest in staying current in world events and global political landscape.
• Knowledge of and experience in designing, implementing and reviewing film/tv production security (strategic) processes.
• Project Management processes/strategies.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrable influencing and negotiating skills at a senior level
• Evidence of producing high level, strategic plans for a range of tasks/challenges
• Strong leadership, management, and interpersonal; dealing effectively with all levels of management.
• Stakeholder management, partnership working and collaborative leadership mindset.
• Culturally define and influence the departments standing within the organization.
• Uphold and direct relationships with security vendors and consultants.
• Drive organizational/departmental performance to 'best in class' status
• Identify efficiencies whilst adding value to key projects/initiatives.
• Work well and contribute to a small, agile team within a matrix organization
• Build and sustain excellent relationships at multiple levels and across divisions.
• Interact and build relationships with Police and Government Agency officials, SPE management, productions, and studio personnel at a senior level.
• Develop, implement and standardize production security standards, policies, and procedures
• This role would preferably require someone who can be available on call (round the clock), to be able to respond to production needs and other emergencies
Please note that this role is based in the United Kingdom. In order to enable us to meet statutory and regulatory obligations of the United Kingdom immigration system you must have the appropriate immigration permission needed to work and reside in the United Kingdom.
Sony Pictures Entertainment is committed to equal opportunity in all its employment practices, policies and procedures. No worker or potential worker will therefore receive less favourable treatment due to his or her race, age, creed, sexual orientation, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, religion, gender, marital status or Trade Union membership (if applicable).
* Sony Pictures - GBR - London