Director, Media - Home Entertainment
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Director, Media - Home Entertainment
The primary function of the SPHE Media Director is to oversee the media planning & execution operations for all key SPHE releases. The SPHE Media team based in Culver City manages media campaigns on all traditional and digital platforms including social and programmatic for all SPHE content that has a consumer paid budget. The products SPHE Media team manages includes but not limited to Columbia Pictures, Tri Star, Screen Gems, Sony Pictures Animation, Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisition, Sony Pictures Classics and Sony Pictures Television. The Media Director reports to the SVP of Marketing Services and manages a Media Manager in addition to multiple strategic agencies responsible for planning and execution of paid media.
• Works with the SVP of Marketing Services who oversees all consumer activation across owned, earned and paid, to run all day-to-day media planning, buying (paid) & optimization process for all SPHE releases
• Oversees the planning process starting from upfront planning to development of the media plan based on marketing strategies, budgeting criteria, learnings from theatrical campaigns, social and consumer insights as well as more tactical data inputs that are available from various sources
• Works with the SVP to develop a media budget recommendation and media strategy by line of business (EST, PST, RVOD, etc) that considers revenue projections as well as target audience, media deliveries, competitive landscape, seasonality and other factors
• Oversees various media agencies/vendors to develop detailed media plans that are on target with overall marketing strategies, media targets and budget parameters. MD also assists the SVP in all contract negotiations and reviews with media agencies/vendors.
• Supports the SPHE brand marketing to ensure that media strategies are aligned with overarching marketing strategies as well as other functional teams' strategies. This includes attending team meetings with brand and other functional teams, to understand strategies as well as get/provide tactical project updates from/to other members of the pod, and relaying any pertinent information to the extended media team including agencies/vendors as well as the SVP.
• Assists the rVOD Commercial Team to develop and to execute their media plan
• Collaborates with the SPHE digital marketing (DM) team to ensure synergies between the overall digital marketing campaign and media selection, placement, retailer support, etc. MD also works with DM team to deliver a post mortem report for each campaign to develop learnings for future applications
• Manages workflow and timelines/due dates for all media elements and liaises with internal marketing department team members to ensure timely delivery of creative advertising materials for the media implementation
• Communicates media strategy and budgets to Canada's marketing team as well as Canadian media agencies to ensure timely delivery of media plans on strategy
• Responsible for working with agencies and Media Manager to develop filmmaker presentations, monthly media presentations for retail pitches, title specific presentations for the sales team, etc.
• Manages the weekly media meeting agenda to ensure timely deliverable of media plans and other materials that require EVP of marketing or SVP or brand marketing's approval
• Tracks all SPHE media commitments to ensure that allocations are appropriate, and all commitments are met
• MD also oversees the timely processing of vendor invoices with the support of the department's accounting coordinator or admin assistant.
• Oversees a Media Manager (MM) who provides support for many of the above-mentioned responsibilities plus core responsibilities around media analytics, addressable audience sizing, activation and close loop measurement. MM works very closely with our internal data & analytics team as well as key PBM (People Based Marketing) partners.
BA or BS required.
Experience: 7 years of experience within media, preferably in a studio/entertainment environment or at an agency managing studio/entertainment. Understanding of TV/Broadcast media is important and digital media/social/programmatic is critical.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word
• Excellent analytical skills
• Strong verbal communication skills
• Excellent project management skills with an ability to juggle multiple projects, work under pressure and prioritize
• Posed and confident demeanor to speak to senior execs and filmmakers
• Strong organization skills
• Positive attitude with a sense of humor
• An out of the box thinker who can innovate
• Empowering people leader
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
USA - Culver City - Akio Morita Building