Director, Creative Content
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Director, Creative Content - Motion Picture Group
Sony Pictures is looking for a creative, forward-thinking, energetic & eager individual to join the Worldwide Creative Content team in the role of Director, Creative Content. This position reports to the SVP of Worldwide Creative Content and the candidate will conceptualize, write, and direct creative content intended for global marketing efforts on behalf of Sony Pictures' films across multiple distribution channels; including broadcast, digital, & in-theater. This role requires collaboration with department project leads, as well as a number of global departments and offices. Must be able to juggle multiple film projects at one time. This is a high-volume, fast-paced environment, with direct contact with high-level executives and filmmakers, so diplomacy, organization, and tenacity are critical attributes for this position.
• Conceptualize and write original scripts for talent and filmmakers for creative content group's projects, which include, but are not limited to, first look specials, media promos, vignettes, digital content, marketing reels, and award materials.
• Confidently director talent and filmmakers to capture scripted content.
• Collaborate with project leads and editors in the creative content group.
• Understand each film's marketing and brand positioning in order to develop specialized content.
• Communicate and collaborate effectively across teams.
• Work with vendors as well as in-house editorial in the creation, production, and delivery of content.
• Work with unit publicists, on-set producers, and crews during production to capture exclusive content with talent.
• Be able to direct industry's top talent, directors, and producers, achieving positive, long-term relationships to build confident, trustworthy relationships.
• 6 years of experience is creative content conception, writing, and directing
• Have knowledge of technical details of camera specs and post production
• Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills
• A self-motivated team player
• Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills
• Strong understanding of script writing programs
• Detail oriented
• Handle multiple projects, set priorities, and meet deadlines
• Strategic critical thinker who also has a high attention to detail
• Ability to work well in a busy environment where needs and priorities are subject to change
• Collaborate creatively with both Sony employees and vendors
• Excellent communication skills
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Entertainment Inc., a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies. For additional information, go to our website.