Director - Business Affairs- Sony Pictures Television
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Director, Business Affairs- Sony Pictures Television
• Negotiating and drafting agreements with writers, producers, performers, directors, television networks (broadcast, cable and new media) , co-production entities and other television-related personnel and service providers on behalf of Sony Pictures Television (SPT) and its related companies. Productions include scripted and non-scripted network, cable, digital and first-run syndicated television programming as well as daytime programming.
• Responsible for implementing and administering the business policies and procedures for SPT.
• Works with Creative, Production, Finance and Legal Affairs departments to provide information, business advice and consultation services on a regular basis.
• Involved in analyzing business and legal issues related to productions, as well as reviewing budgets and other financial information.
• JD degree and substantial experience working in a television business affairs department, legal affairs department and/or entertainment law firm
• Extensive experience negotiating and drafting television production agreements as well related experience with television business issues
• Experience with unscripted, reality and first-run syndication projects is strongly preferred
• 3-5 years experience in Business and/or Legal Affairs
• 1 year management experience (desirable)
• Strong drafting, negotiation and organizational skills
• Experience drafting and negotiating all manner of contracts for domestic development and production deals for television series
• Familiarity with production clearance issues and ability to handle copyright and trademark matters
• Working familiarity with distribution-related and/or acquisition agreements
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; presentation skills
• Professional individual who can build strong relationships, both internally and externally, and is able to comfortably interact with all levels of employees
ABOUT SONY PICTURES TELEVISION:
Sony Pictures Television, a Sony Pictures Entertainment company, is one of the television industry's leading content providers. It produces and distributes programming in every genre, around the world and for a multitude of platforms. In addition to one of the industry's largest libraries of award-winning feature films, television shows and formats, Sony Pictures Television (SPT) boasts a current program slate that includes top-rated daytime dramas and game shows, landmark off-network series, original animated series and critically acclaimed primetime dramas, comedies and telefilms.
In addition to its US production business, SPT has 18 wholly-owned or joint venture production companies in 13 countries and also maintains offices in 32 countries. SPT's worldwide television networks portfolio includes 126 channel feeds available in 168 countries, reaching more than 980 million households worldwide. SPT also creates original content for and manages SPE's premium video website, Crackle.
Additionally, SPT owns US production company Embassy Row and is a part owner of cable channel Game Show Network (GSN), 3D channel 3net and national U.S media sales company ITN Networks, Inc. SPT advertiser sales is one of the premier national advertising sales companies and handles the commercial inventory in SPT's syndicated series as well as for the Rural Media Group and DrOz.com.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
USA - Culver City - Studio Lot - Harry Cohn Bldg