Director, BRM Production Service
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Director, BRM Production Service & Studio Technology
We are seeking a highly talented Director, Business Relationship Management (BRM) to join our Production Service and Studio Technology team. The qualified candidate must have a combination of a strong technology background and business acumen to manage relationships between business and IT in day-to-day operations and delivery of services. The Director, BRM partners with the business to understand the changing business needs and ensure that IT's alignment to business objectives is achieved by working closely with the Divisional CIO's and Regional CIO's to translate business needs into IT demands and validating that the IT delivery meets the articulated needs. The Director must be skilled in agile practices, managing teams effectively and be versed in project management disciplines. The Director must also have an in-depth and cross functional understanding of core line of business processes and value-chain services.
• Delivering IT services to Creative and Development executives, Business Affairs and Legal departments for all aspects of Motion Picture and Television productions
• Partnering with senior executives to support business strategies and drive efficiency
• Applying Agile principles to:
• Lead the project and support teams in regular stand-ups, sprint planning and retrospectives
• Work with the team to define, sequence, and estimate stories and tasks
• Manage the sprints through the Jira and Teams apps to facilitate Sprint management and communications
• Guide the team in key project streams including development, test automation, data migration, cutover planning and test runs.
• Working closely with the client groups to insure their IT needs are met, whether through identifying and selecting software in the marketplace, developing tools internally, or enhancing the current toolset to close gaps in functionality
• Managing a team of project managers and business analysts comprised of employees and service providers to drive and own the definition of business requirements
• Managing a growing portfolio of applications, including contract management software, casting tools, script submission and development tools, music and other IP asset management
• Initiating and facilitating communications between stakeholders, acting as a primary point of contact for defined groups
• Facilitating open communication and discussion between stakeholders; Captures and disseminates technical and business information
• Leveraging the enterprise's IT organization, infrastructure and technology capabilities to deliver business results
• Working with senior IT management to manage demand across the Line of Business or region
• Providing VIP support in conjunction with and on behalf of the Global Service Desk, acting as a point of escalation for incidents with high business impact
Key outputs include:
• Business cases as required to support demand from the business
• Greenlight documents
• Business insights enabled through IT
• Strategic and cyclical planning and budgeting for application set resource requirements
• 3 years of experience in managing leadership level business relationships within the entertainment industry and managing teams.
• Proven history of IT management in either application support management or project management, with 8 years of experience managing technology teams
• Strong working knowledge of the development life cycle for motion pictures and television, the contract negotiation process, contract management, especially for talent deals, and the role the legal department plays in the production process, including script clearance and music licensing.
• Solid understanding of the day-to-day execution of business processes and related IT tasks
• Knowledge of Agile project and program management fundamentals
• Knowledge of enterprise IT Strategy, ITIL, IT Best Practice and Change Delivery
• Proven skills in project management and project management oversight:
• Organize and lead the production of all collateral required to initiate a project (including proposal, business case/cost benefit analysis, high level requirements specifications, and other elaboration phase outputs). Assess/recommend skills and resources needed to successfully complete the project(s) and achieve the business and IT goals.
• Organize the project team (people needed in the business and IT organizations, as well as third parties). Ensure all policies for on boarding new resources and vendors are followed. Create or supervise the creation of the project schedule, ensuring that it conforms to the System Development Lifecycle as appropriate.
• Maintain the project budget, project tracking and reporting requirements, and status reporting. Ensure that company controls are observed and applied to all projects under management. Ensure that a communications strategy and risk mitigation plan has been created and signed off by project stakeholders and is being followed. Establish and maintain clear escalation procedures so that problems and issues encountered are addressed in a timely manner.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios