Sony PicturesLondon, UK
Full Time Job
Please note that this role is based in the United Kingdom. In order to enable us to meet statutory and regulatory obligations of the United Kingdom immigration system you must have the appropriate immigration permission needed to work and reside in the United Kingdom.
Sony Pictures Entertainment is one of the global television industry's leading content providers, producing and distributing programming in every genre around the world, and for a multitude of platforms.
Human Media is a new factual and entertainment production label at Sony Pictures Entertainment. It has just been launched by award winning executive producer, Alan Brown, who is looking for a Development Researcher to join his team on an initial 6-month contract to help originate factual and entertainment formats and high-end documentary for the top commissioners in the UK and in the USA.
In the role of Development Researcher, you will be at the heart of all the development. To be successful in this role, you will be a motivated, ambitious talent with lots of ideas, someone who loves to research new areas, and a great writer with visual and film making skills.
To assist you in this role, you will also have access to the incredible resources within the wider Sony group including the music and publishing teams.
Key Responsibilities will include:
• Originating lots of new ideas every week and presenting them to the team…every week.
• Organizing and taking part in brainstorming. All to help build a brilliant development slate. 30%
• Researching ideas on the slate, then writing and creating pitch documents for commissioning meetings. 50%
• Casting potential talent and contributors. Shooting and editing taster tapes to bring the ideas to life. 20%
and/or Experience Required:
• Typically 2 years television development experience
• You will be creating lovely pitch materials so you'll need to know Powerpoint, Photoshop, and Adobe Premiere.
• You will be creating great ideas, so you're going to need to know everything that's on tv now or on OTT services such as Netflix.
• We want our ideas to be well researched and sold well. So you will need to have a research head for finding reasons for an idea to be on screen now. Then the ability to describe it in punchy, well written sell pages.
• You must also have the ability to work independently, take responsibility, set high standards and confidence to express an opinion.
If you feel you meet the above requirements then we would love to hear from you!
In order to be considered for this position please apply via our careers website and submit the following:
• A brief sell of two of your best unscripted format ideas for entertainment or factual. No more than 200 words each and you should include a great image/photo to support each idea.
• Tell us about two of your favorite musical artists are at the moment and what would make a great show about them –No more than 100 words for each.
Sony Pictures Entertainment is committed to equal opportunity in all its employment practices, policies and procedures. No worker or potential worker will therefore receive less favourable treatment due to his or her race, age, creed, sexual orientation, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, religion, gender, marital status or Trade Union membership (if applicable).
* Sony Pictures - GBR - London