Customer Marketing Manager
Sony PicturesLondon, UK
Full Time Job
Customer Marketing Manager – Grocery and Specialist (12 month FTC)
Our Sony Pictures Television (SPT) division are currently looking for an experienced and passionate Customer Marketing Manager –Grocery and Specialist, to join us on a 12 month Maternity Leave cover role, to act as the ultimate stakeholder partner, successfully planning and delivering innovative retail and customer marketing campaigns whilst simultaneously aligning the consumer focus and commercial goals of SPE with the business objectives of our physical Home Entertainment retail partners.
Reporting into the Head of Feature Film Marketing the role owns all Customer marketing activities related to physical retailers across new release and catalogue windows and is expected to develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external commercial stakeholders to best maximise our presence, exposure, impact and sell through in physical retail.
60% - CUSTOMER MARKETING STRATEGY AND STAKEHOLDER MANAGEMENT
• Responsibility for customer and retail marketing strategy across SPEs DVD, BLU RAY & UHD new release and back catalogue in physical retail collaborating with both internal and external key stakeholders specifically the physical home entertainment retailers, SPHEs commercial team and the film marketing managers
• Working with the Film Marketing Managers, develop customer marketing ideas and creative direction for new release titles to be used across retail ensuring a cohesive overall campaign synced up with the publicity, promotions and media campaigns
• Work alongside the commercial team to agree efficient and ROI led instore support for each retailer, ensure that investment for accounts is supported by return
• Plan relevant catalogue campaigns i.e. trade/seasonal/drafting opportunities with key accounts maintaining a sharp commercial focus on genuine GP driving activities which deliver a material level of ROI
• Ensure we are best maximizing our use of agency resources to streamline with SPHEs business & delivery goals with a specific focus on asset delivery and merchandising
• Negotiate rates and manage relationships and performance reviews with creative, merchandising and printing agencies to ensure we are being as cost efficient as possible
• Become the go to point of contact and relationship holder for all physical retailers for SPHE marketing with an expectation of presence in quarterly product presentations, JBP presentations, client entertainment events and ad hoc meetings
• Work with insights to stay on top of current market trends and behaviors of the category shopper. Understand the key accounts that can drive growth opportunity for the business and partner strategically.
• Determine strategies to create economic efficiencies for both SPE and the physical home entertainment category overall. Work with BASE and other key studios to shape the future of the category in physical retail considering retail requirements as well as any opportunities to pool resources cross studio for functional tasks such as compliance and merchandising
• Develop quarterly presentations with product managers, specifically, slides that are needed for the retailer sell. Present internally to commercial teams and use these to help shape ongoing strategy and for JBP presentations on an annual basis
• Work alongside the PR & promotions team to understand any opportunities from theatrical activities or new home entertainment ones that could be relevant.
40% - ASSET DELIVERY, IN STORE POS & PROMOTIONAL EXECUTION
• Working with agency support create and deliver creative engaging POS & other marketing materials and assets to best support new release and catalogue campaigns in store and in synergy with the broader marketing campaign
• Communicate creative guidelines to accounts and ensure compliance (newsletters, mailings, media tagging, events, store communications etc.)
• Utilize agency support to facilitate all approvals with retailers for POS and assets ensuring we adhere to corporate guidelines and timelines
• Work closely with the Film Marketing manager to ensure sign off and support for tailored marketing activities and account exclusive offers which are in line with overall campaign
• Once activity is live monitor compliance by account and ensure issues are promptly resolved
• Once planned activate best in class, ROI driven catalogue campaigns through toolkit creation, title list recommendation, artwork sign off and media/PR support where applicable. Full responsibility for P&L and budgets for all catalogue marketing activity in physical retail
• Manage the monitoring of competitor activities and ensure the weekly RI report is reflective of support
• Continuously monitor, analyze and look for ways to continuously improve effectiveness of merchandising tactics
Qualifications and/or Experience Required
• Typically, 4-8 years of experience in a customer facing marketing position, preferably in the entertainment sector
• Strong interpersonal skills required and ability to manage multiple stakeholders in a fast paced, multifaceted organization
• Business minded, commercially focused and able to understand partners KPIs and business objectives
• Ability to influence, negotiate and persuade others
• Self-motivated team player and facilitator
• Proven track record of successfully managing multiple projects in a dynamic/changing environment and seeing those projects through to completion
• Experience of managing agencies and third parties.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to build and maintain stakeholder relationships
• Creative and innovative problem solver
• Bachelor's degree in related discipline or equivalent experience required
And in return, here are some of the additional perks you'll recieve as part of the SPE team:
• The opportunity to join Sony Pictures Entertainment and gain some exciting experience in one of the leading Global Entertainment companies!
• Based in our conveniently and well-located office in the heart of Soho, London
• The opportunity to attend various on-site movie screenings, and family & friend movie nights, charity days, and launch events!
• Plus various employee benefits including discounted gym memberships, private healthcare, movie, cinema, restaurant discounts and more, on-site yoga and Pilates classes, monthly work drinks, discounts on Sony products, and many more...
• Position based in Soho, London, United Kingdom.
If this sounds like a role you're interested in, we would love to hear from you! Please click the Apply Now button, and we will be in touch with you for the outcome of your application.
Please note that this role is based in the United Kingdom. In order to enable us to meet statutory and regulatory obligations of the United Kingdom immigration system you must have the appropriate immigration permission needed to work and reside in the United Kingdom
Sony Pictures Entertainment is committed to equal opportunity in all its employment practices, policies and procedures. No worker or potential worker will therefore receive less favourable treatment due to his or her race, age, creed, sexual orientation, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, religion, gender, marital status or Trade Union membership (if applicable).
* Sony Pictures - GBR - London