Coordinator, Worldwide Distribution Operations and Marketing
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Coordinator, Worldwide Distribution Operations and Marketing - Motion Picture Group
Sony Pictures Releasing is seeking a Coordinator to support Worldwide Theatrical Distribution and Immersive Entertainment Strategy & Operations. 75% of this person's time will likely be spent on purely administrative duties and 25% on other business projects.
This individual will be critical in several key areas:
(1) providing administrative support to the Executive Vice President of the group,
(2) providing travel & phone support for Group SVP
(3) providing travel support for Group VP
(4) providing meeting scheduling assistance for the Group where the meeting requires the mandatory attendance of the Group EVP
(5) providing group admin support for conference planning and supply management
(6) managing several key business operations functions and projects.
Candidate must be comfortable using databases and Excel. This individual must have excellent interpersonal skills, the agility to react quickly to shifting priorities, manage multiple projects concurrently, and stay on-track to meet stringent deadlines. It will be critical for this individual to be efficient and understand urgency when necessary and be able to perform under pressure. This individual will communicate with home office & territory personnel across the globe to complete day-to-day tasks. Attention to detail, accuracy, ability to think logically, to communicate clearly, and willingness to develop Excel skills are required.
• Handling multiple-lined phones, including transferring and conference calls
• Scheduling and preparing meetings, as well as handling calendar (averaging 4-8 meetings per day, sometimes including over a dozen attendees, and international attendees/calendars)
• Coordinating travel arrangements
• Processing expense reports
• Performing office manager duties: replenishing supplies, liaising with facilities, IT, Xerox, etc.
• Coordinating department status reports
• Tracking department vacation and absences and maintaining the department calendar
• Drafting and sending correspondences, department meeting notes, and addressing pending issues
• Managing document flow, creating and maintaining files (electronic and hard copy)
• Other administrative duties (processing mail, copying, organizing documents, etc.)
• Administering data requests and surveys with our territories around the world
• Using Excel and PowerPoint for various analyses and presentations
• Maintaining databases of each release's (both Sony's and competitive titles) box office performance by theatrical format (3D, PLF, 4D, etc.)
• Gathering grosses by format directly from third party media and analytics companies' websites and entering it into Excel documents that contain complex formulas and functions such as:
• Pivot Tables
• IF functions
• INDEX / MATCH combination formulas
• Managing invoicing, purchase orders, and ensuring that approvals are done in a timely fashion for third party companies. The individual will compare data from various sources, reconcile information, and correct anomalies
• Distributing select digital cinema information (box office breakdowns by format, footprints of format capabilities by country, etc.) to senior executives, regional sales managers, and others
• Passion for bringing theatrical films to audiences around the world
• Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
• Ability to work well with others in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required, along with desire to further develop program skill sets
• BA or BS required
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
USA - Culver City - Studio Lot - Thalberg Bldg
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Entertainment Inc., a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies. For additional information, go to our website.