Coordinator, Targeted Publicity & Promotions
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Coordinator, Targeted Publicity & Promotions - Screen Gems
This position is responsible for providing administrative support to the Senior Vice President Targeted Marketing & Publicity and SVP Partnership Marketing. They will assist with the development and execution of targeted marketing, publicity and national promotional campaigns for all Tristar and Screen Gems films. As Coordinator Promotions & Publicity, you have a unique opportunity to work cross-divisionally in a highly visible position to help create dynamic partnerships and publicity campaigns across the Screen Gems/TriStar slate of films.
• Assist with the organization and management of all media promotion shoots, press junkets, regional press tours, television satellites and special events/contests
• Assist SVP in managing field agencies day to day activities and requests
• Assist SVP in managing third party promotional partners day to day activities and requests
• Compiling and servicing of daily breaks, reviews, screening reports and promotional reports
• Manage promotional items, sweepstakes prizing and materials inventory
• Book talent and press travel for junkets, media promotions and press tours
• Organize and book all junket, word-of-mouth, press and promotional screenings in the top 60 markets
• Send out creative marketing assets in multiple formats for each different brand and media partner
• Maintain and update large brand and agency promotional contact database and targeted pitch lists
• Create PowerPoint promotional pitch decks and wrap reports (research cast, background on property, stats, etc.)
• Update and maintain promotions report of all current partnerships, creative timelines and program details for each film
• Basic administrative duties - answer phones, create and process PO's, managing expense reports, schedule meetings, coordinate travel, agendas, etc.
• Demonstrates professionalism, integrity, discretion, and good judgment in all interactions with co-workers, agencies and others
• Excellent communication skills – written and oral
• Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment; manage multiple projects at once; and flexibly respond to rapidly changing priorities, unexpected events and competing demands
• Ability to commit to non-traditional work hours, as some projects will require overtime and evening/weekend activities both in the office and off-site with travel as needed
• 1-3 years' experience in a studio marketing/publicity department or advertising/promotions agency
• Proficient in Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
USA - Culver City - Studio Lot - Burns Bldg
Screen Gems/Tristar is the specialty production division at Sony Pictures Entertainment, which was created to finance and produce moderately budgeted films that are marketed to targeted audiences. This department handles all marketing and publicity for these theatrical releases and interacts closely with the rest of Sony Pictures Entertainment's marketing teams including creative advertising, digital/social, media, exhibitor relations, research, international marketing, finance, and more.