Coordinator, Sales Planning & Operations
Sony PicturesLondon, UK
Full Time Job
Coordinator, Sales Planning & Operations - CEEMA Region (12 month FTC)
Sony Pictures Entertainment are currently looking for an experienced Coordinator to join our Sony Pictures TV Distribtution division, based in Soho, London on a 12 month Fixed Term Contract. If you are someone who is Excel-savvy, is keen to gain experience and exposure working across multiple countries and territories across the CEEMA region, to come in and drive the admin functions for our VOD and EST clients, and you're passionate about Entertainment, movies, the media industry in general, then this role could be for you!
The role of Coordinator, Sales Planning & Operations works within our Sales Planning function with a key focus on Transactional VoD (Video on Demand) and EST clients and deals, covering the CEEMA Region and working closely with colleagues across local offices in London, Dubai, Moscow, Warsaw and Budapest
The candidate will ideally have a background in Media Distribution or has worked previously in a media role with some existing knowledge of the broadcast landscape in Europe and has strong administration and IT skills as well as a proactive and adaptable personality.
This is a 12 month contract position to centralise all VOD/EST deal management across the CEEMA Region within current systems and to support the Project transition of our Transactional business to new systems and processes during this 12 month period.
Deal Management & Administration
• Set up and maintain VOD / EST deals in Sales & Rights Management system (RPM) pre-transition of transactional business to different systems.
• Uphold Sales Planning procedures by seeking appropriate reviews and approvals at all times
• Track the workflow and approval process of new Contracts, Amendments and Notifications for all VOD/EST deals in territories within the Region, including appropriate filing of final documents.
• Manage contractual obligations and ensure all deadlines are met
• Update all VOD/EST deals with upcoming titles every 3 weeks and send Schedules to clients
• Update Territory trackers using Digital Avails from Home Entertainment and liaise with Home Ent as required on actual / changed release dates.
• Process Monthly Royalty statements / overages for each client in S2F system
• Liaise with Finance on any statement issues and liaising with clients where required
• Update Regional Digital Trackers with reports from clients
• Liaise with clients on queries relating to deals e.g. billing discrepancies, servicing issues, US Network scheduling changes.
Project Transition of VOD/EST
• Represent the CEEMA region and provide lead point of contact for CEEMA Region and Home Entertainment team as we look to bring together our VOD / EST business into the same systems.
• Liaise with Project lead on transition plan of clients out of RPM systems and attend project meetings as required
• Liaise direct with clients and/or Sales teams on VOD / EST reporting requirements for clients to support the change in process.
• Ensure clear and timely communication plans on transition to Clients, Sales and Sales Planning teams
• Ensure smooth transition of each client to ensure no disruption to business as usual as we switch over to different processes and systems.
Title Inventory & Budgeting
• Liaise with relevant Sales and Sales Planners to input and maintain annual forecasts and changes in a timely manner for VOD / EST deals in the Region
• Create and provide summaries and updates to Sales & Finance within prescribed deadlines
• Collaborate with SPHE to coordinate/approve the release of TV & Feature product with SPHE (based on local broadcast dates). Ensure the maintenance of list of transmission schedules for Series sold in the Territory, to allow for EST/Physical release in a timely manner
Internal Relationship Management
• Liaise with Finance to ensure timely payments and support Home Office with audit questions
• Liaise frequently with GMS (Global Mastering & Servicing) to ensure in time material delivery
• Create and maintain relationships with contacts in other key divisions including Home Entertainment, Theatrical, Home Office, Legal, Marketing, Finance, GMS and IT
• Maintain Deal Calendars across the CEEMA Region liaising with local planners to ensure all are kept up to date.
• Manage TV Series tracker across the Region and issue relevant notifications to clients.
• Responsible for managing team Shared Drives and folders. Ensure all key documentation associated with the Regions is correctly filed
• Provide reporting for the Region where required, including but not limited to, Sales History Reports by territory or product, subscriber reports, royalty tracking reports, deal summary reports, Home Entertainment release reports
• Provide cover to other Sales Planning colleagues in the Region during absences or busy periods of the year
Qualifications and Competencies
Qualifications and Experience:
• Educated to minimum undergraduate degree level
• Ideally 1-2 years' experience in a media environment
• Strong IT skills, in particular Excel (pivot tables, formula), PowerPoint and must be confident learning new systems
• Fluency in English is essential and other Language skills would be an advantage
• Highly numerate with excellent attention to all details – accuracy, presentation and completeness
• Able to provide information in a usable form and on a timely basis to others who need to act on
• Proactive, flexible and adaptable - Evaluates, selects and acts on various methods and strategies for solving problems and meeting objectives before being asked or required to do so
• Good communication skills: Clear and articulate when speaking with an individual or before a group; able to express ideas, thought and concepts clearly in writing (structure, grammar, organisation)
• Team player who is willing and able to assist colleagues during busy periods
• Demonstrate an effort to reach out, work and collaborate with resources outside their territory and region
And in return, here are some of the additional perks you'll recieve as part of the SPE team:
• The opportunity to join Sony Pictures Entertainment and gain some exciting experience in one of the leading Global Entertainment companies!
• Based in our conveniently and well-located office in the heart of Soho, London
• The opportunity to attend various on-site movie screenings, and family & friend movie nights, charity days, and launch events!
• Plus various employee benefits including discounted gym memberships, private healthcare, movie, cinema, restaurant discounts and more, on-site yoga and Pilates classes, monthly work drinks, discounts on Sony products, and many more...
Please note that this role is based in the United Kingdom. In order to enable us to meet statutory and regulatory obligations of the United Kingdom immigration system you must have the appropriate immigration permission needed to work and reside in the United Kingdom
Sony Pictures Entertainment is committed to equal opportunity in all its employment practices, policies and procedures. No worker or potential worker will therefore receive less favourable treatment due to his or her race, age, creed, sexual orientation, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, religion, gender, marital status or Trade Union membership (if applicable).
* Sony Pictures - GBR - London