Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
The Coordinator principally supports the V.P., Trademark & Immigration within IP Legal in a variety of duties, including database operation, vendor interface, legal document management, use of company-internal and outward-facing systems for invoices and requisitions, and file maintenance. The department business consists of administration of all Company trademarks, production-related, U.S. inbound immigration, and it provides secondary support for IP-related work in the TRACK-IP department.
The position supports trademark and production immigration functions. The trademark side primarily includes processing of legal documents, legal invoices; online research, data collection within SPE, and physical filing. The immigration side requires ordering checks in Ariba, and collecting data from studio and artists' sources generally on an urgent basis, and tracking case progress and expirations. Both functions include processing invoices using the app CounseLink. Both areas require understanding and use of SPE Finance charge numbers. It also supports TRACK-IP functions to be determined.
• Acts as initial point of contact for department.
• Manages legal document flow
• Communicates with studio personnel and artists' representatives to collect data for visas
• Coordinate production visa petitions: obtain production coding and artist data, order checks, liaise with production offices, artists' representatives, outside counsel. Maintain and update db and files. Prep and edit docs for filing.
• Creates and maintains SPE trademark physical and digital files
• Route trademark documents internally, further process as required for legalization for foreign trademark offices, transmit original documents to trademark counsel for filing. Perform some trademark research, obtain internal company data.
• Composes and generates letters and memos
• Proofreads and edits documents
• Gathers signatures on legal documents and processes as necessary for foreign filing
• Distributes and follows documents through their lifecycle
• Maintains databases and lists
• Tracks visa expiration dates
• Processes legal invoices in CounseLink application
• Manage and code department legal bills using CounseLink, answer billing questions from law firms, interface with AP or finance as required.
• Creates check requests in Ariba
• Completes special assignments
• Perform general administrative tasks including phones, ordering supplies, etc.
• Supports confidentiality and data security to conform with Company policy
• At least 4 years' experience as a legal, finance, or business affairs assistant
• Bachelors degree preferred
• Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, online searching)
• Experience with CounseLink, Ariba & SharePoint
• Outstanding organization
• Excellent written and oral communications
• Professional, pleasant, and courteous demeanor
• Common sense, dependability, enthusiasm, discretion, accuracy, flexibility, and good judgment
• Be a self-starter and a team player
• Meet deadlines, follow up, and follow through
• Build relationships with other departments and employees across functional groups.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios