Business Manager, Best Buy
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Business Manager, Best Buy
Based in Culver City, California, the role of Business Manager is core to the success of SPT objectives. The Business Manager is responsible for delivering SPT Revenue, Gross Profit, and Gross Profit Margin % goals, and ensuring that our product has the support and positioning to meet and exceed market expectations.
This position will manage all aspects of SPT's Best Buy business including the direct responsibility for selling New Release, Catalog and TV product. The Account Manager will work collaboratively and cross-functionally throughout the SPT organization to deliver against SPT Sales and Profitability targets.
Major Areas of Responsibilities
1. Achievement of Gross Profit
• Comprehensive understanding of P&L for Best Buy
• Deliver defined Gross Margin %.
• Achieve Gross Profit dollars.
• Create and execute account level business plans, promotional plans and NR lifecycle plans for SPT product
• Monitor sales performance in relation to terms, forecast, and account goals
• Meets and Exceeds on Key Titles and Key Catalog Drafting including share.
2. Optimize the account's efficiencies
• Manage and maintain inputs into all systems to support SPHE sales activity
• Ensure that we are delivering sales forecasts, shipment accuracy and on time metrics within the customers and internal bench marks
• Use prescribed SPHE business tools to effectively manage and communicate internally
• Required to own the accrual process, ensuring visibility to the accounts exposure to future claims and credits within the financial year – thereby having an accurate assessment of the 'true' position of the account. Will need to work closely with finance
• Manage indirect relationship of .com and distribution partner regarding promotional activity
• Manage promotional activity to maximize SPT ROI
3. Create opportunities to meet & exceed the market
• Be an expert on our product, our customer and the end consumer
• Coordinate with Brand and Shopper Marketing to create product and consumer strategies that achieve results
• Create, negotiate and execute a promotional calendar and activities with the customer that deliver to forecast and support the defined gross profit objectives.
• Manage in-stocks for optimum profit. Maximize dedicated space, multi-studio space and in-line opportunities.
• Collaborate on cross-Sony company opportunities, devised to drive Blu-Ray and UHD sales and Movies Anywhere adoption.
• Understand the competition around pricing, product and placement-using this market knowledge to inform a competitive strategy.
4. Be the Sales Champion
• Create internal understanding of what is required to win and align with Best Buy
• Establish and own both the internal and external cross functional relationships
• Actively work with sales peers to manage our go to market and share insights, wins and best practices.
BA or BS Required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Home Entertainment or fast-moving consumer goods experience.
• Experience with and knowledge of National retailer trade environment essential.
• Experience of key Mass Channel retail desirable
• Demonstrable experience in successful commercial contract negotiation
• Experience in leading and developing a highly effective team
• Minimum of 6 years of key retail and industry experience.
• Leadership in a commercial environment
• Good commercial skill set
• Keen sense of 'process' & entrepreneurial approach
• The highest standard of influencing and interpersonal skills to facilitate the development of strong client relationships and staff capabilities
• Motivational and energetic leadership skills
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Effective delivery of Key Performance Indicators
• Process improvement and innovation
• MS Office Suite, Power point, Excel, and Tableau proficiency required
• Demonstrable analytical and mathematical abilities
• Proven ability to provide strategic direction in a dynamic, deadline driven environment
• Passionate with great vision and determination
• Travel as required
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
USA - Culver City - Akio Morita Building