Analyst, Sales Planning
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Analyst, Sales Planning - US Distribution
US TV Sales Planning supports TV distribution lines of business including; broadcast network, syndication, SVOD, premium pay, AVOD, basic cable, and ad sales. TV Sales Planning also works closely with our distribution counterparts in digital and physical home entertainment to ensure cohesive distribution strategies across all product and platforms.
The Sales Planning Analyst will assist with a wide breadth of reporting, analytics, and support functions across the Sales Planning team. These include immediate needs of the US TV distribution sales teams, as well as multiple other interconnected departments within the distribution ecosystem.
Insights and Analytics-40%
• Inventory forecasting and analysis: Asses which combinations of licensing variables deliver the highest overall value to SPE? (e.g.: sales timing, rights and/or holdbacks, total term, deal volume)
• Product Valuation: Determine product comps (pricing) that are derived from; internal sales data, external performance data (e.g: ratings), and current/projected future market conditions.
• Deal valuation: Perform deal pricing analysis and product allocations using factors such as; product comp, exhibition rights, term, product composition/volume, reach of service, competitor comps, and opportunity costs.
• Assist with maintaining and finetuning valuation models that use ratings and ad sales data (along with multiple other sources) to project customer valuation and ROI.
Reporting and Data Maintenance-30%
• Manage and navigate large datasets (e.g.: thousands to hundreds of millions of rows) extracted from each internal sales and metadata systems, and 3rd party sources such as Nielsen and FYI.
• Blend data across many internal and external sources and prepare/clean for analytics and presentation.
• Build and maintain mapping workflows that connect to sales planning and executive summary dashboards.
Sales Planning, Distribution, and Other Support-30%
• Avails reporting for all sales: Customer-specific and curated avails reports (content available for license within a given window of time) based on customer branding, exhibition media, exclusivity, and relative inventory supply.
• Ad Sales support for all SPE and 3rd party product: Track and report local market syndication and national cable time periods to Nielsen to ensure proper ratings credit.
• Syndication sales support: Report market-level clearances (sold/unsold) for all syndicated programming across the 210 DMA markets.
• Finance support: Support greenlight and forecasting needs of the production and distribution finance teams.
• Home entertainment support: Coordinate all analyses with sales planning counterparts in home entertainment. Job Requirements
Bachelor's Degree Required
Other Special Skills: Advanced Excel, PPT competent, Tableau and Alteryx a must, prior experience preferred
Type of Experience: Preferred 2-3 years in content licensing, sales/resource planning, or I.T. role that involved management of databases and reporting.
• Prior work experience within a fast-paced sales environment is required
• Strong capability with Microsoft Office applications (particularly Excel) is required
• Adaptability, flexibility and ability to learn new systems and applications
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively (both written and verbal) with varying levels of management and with external customers
• Coordination and collaboration with internal departments as well as the ability to work independently
• Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines
• Team player and collaborator with all levels with both internal and external stakeholders
• General knowledge of the TV and film distribution landscape and viewership platforms
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
USA - Culver City - Akio Morita Building