Analyst, Research - Americas
Sony PicturesMiami, FL
Full Time Job
Analyst, Research - Americas
The Research Analyst, part of the Americas Research team, supports ad-hoc and ongoing research projects across Sony Pictures Television (SPT) three lines of business: Distribution, Production and Networks. With an audience-obsessed attitude, the analyst will be focused on connecting the dots between programming, ad sales, marketing and affiliate departments, through the permanent generation of timely and relevant audience insights reports. Some responsibilities include: in-depth content trends analysis on US series, formats and OPs (linear and non-linear), manage internal panels, support Canada distribution, as well as a broad range of market intelligence on the Americas television industry, including TVE and social media, utilizing secondary resources that will include internet, multiple research data software, industry reports, etc.
• Create and maintain regular reports, from start to end, on content trends among U.S. Series, Formats and local language Original Productions, and on market specific intelligence across platforms (linear and non-linear).
• In-depth analysis and reporting on Sony TVE and competition.
• Responsible for the performance trackers for SPT's content in Canada.
• Understand, gather and disseminate intelligence on local, regional and global television business, content and programming trends across multiple platforms: Free TV, Cable, Pay TV, TVE, Social Media and OTT.
• Provide ad-hoc ratings analysis to support distribution, production & networks.
• Help design and write sales presentations and TV ratings analysis reports on key products.
• Develop and maintain a direct working relationship and close collaboration with the production team, Canada distribution team, ad sales research, and with the existing research teams within the regional offices.
• Help manage and close monitoring of SPT's internal panels: panelists profiling, recruitment and engagement, interface structure and looks, questionnaire programming and changes.
• Exploration and detection of relevant and leading edge internal opportunistic projects
• Help manage the Americas research tool kit initiatives.
• Participate in relevant conferences, workshops and research industry groups in order to build and maintain strong industry contacts, develop vendor relationships and stay abreast of latest tools and methodologies
• Explore new ways to automate reporting
• Innovate in ways to share and propagate audience insights across the organization
• 1 years of experience working in entertainment or media research/analysis.
• Strong Excel, data visualization and PowerPoint skills are required. Tableau and Prezi experience is a plus.
• Must be numerate, have the ability to analyze audience research data and comfortable working with large data sets.
• Strong attention to detail and ability to write clear, meaningful and concise ratings analysis,
• Experience with at least 1 software is required: EMSTV, TechEdge, ITVR, Ibope Mediawork Station, Instar and/or Infosys. TGI, Ampere and GWI is preferred.
• Fluency in English and Spanish is required (written and spoken). Portuguese is a plus.
• Strong interest and knowledge of international business, entertainment and cultures and consumer behavior.
• Must be proactive, motivated, highly-organized and a self-starter.
• Team player with ability to work independently and with multiple projects.
• Experience with primary research including building questionnaires and mining meaningful insights and recommendations.
• Bachelor's degree is required. Concentration in Market Research, Consumer Behavior, Business Administration, Economics or other related.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - FL - Miami
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America (SCA), a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production and distribution; television production and distribution; digital content creation and distribution; worldwide channel investments; home entertainment acquisition and distribution, operation of studio facilities; development of new entertainment products, services and technologies; and distribution of filmed entertainment in more than 130 countries. Sony Pictures Television (SPT) operates three complementary lines of business: 1) Distribution of SPE's feature films and television programming to television outlets around the world, 2) Local television production in key international markets, 3) International television networks and digital networks.