Analyst, Compensation & Benefits
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Analyst, Compensation & Benefits
Reporting to the Vice President, Compensation & Benefits, the Compensation and Benefits Analyst supports administration of compensation and benefits programs. Serves as a technical resource to Directors of People & Organization on compensation and benefit matters. Assists department management with the development/improvement of new/existing compensation and benefits programs.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Evaluates jobs based on market data. Compiles, ages, and analyzes market data for compensation action requests and benchmarks positions for salary increases.
• Recommends the placement of jobs in salary structures based upon their estimated market values.
• Participates in the planning, costing, and implementation of employee annual and off-cycle salary increases.
• Participates in administration of pay-for-performance programs.
• Develops and maintains job profiles as required. Reviews and approves job profile modifications.
• Researches external market and economic trends.
• Completes salary survey questionnaires and submits compensation data to objective third party consultants for their use in creating compensation surveys.
• Regularly monitors and provides analysis of key compensation and benefits statistics, data, trends, and best practices to assist clients when making data driven human resource decisions and for more effective planning.
• Serves as a resource for organization in compensation and benefits policy and provides support for People & Organization issues.
• Analyzes current benefits to evaluate the usage, services, coverage, plan experience, and competitive trends in benefits programs and develops specific recommendations for review by management.
• Assists with implementation of new compensation and benefits programs.
• In partnership with the Director, Benefits, executes the annual open enrollment process for health benefits; including benefit communications, health fairs, system (plan) set up and review of data transmission files to third party vendors.
• Schedules and coordinates wellness activities and communications.
• Documents and maintains administrative procedures for benefit processes.
• Researches and prepares ad hoc reports, compiles metrics for analysis and assists with financial reporting.
• Provides analysis of data edits from internal systems to determine the actions needed to rectify data integrity issues.
• Researches and compiles benefits data for audits and other legal inquiries, as directed.
• Assists with daily service functions and frequent ad hoc requests, escalating issues as necessary.
• Ensures compliance of compensation and benefit programs with all applicable laws and regulations (i.e., California Wage and Hour law, FLSA, ERISA, etc.).
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Human Resources or related discipline.
• 1-2 years of experience working as a Compensation/Benefits Analyst or HR support role preferred.
• Strong analytical decision-making skills to include the interpretation of data.
• Proficiency with MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel with an intermediate-to-advanced level of proficiency with Excel.
• Ability to collaborate effectively across multiple departments/management levels.
• Ability to think strategically and deliver tactically.
• Demonstrated strong project management and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload, take initiative and manage multiple tasks without close supervision and adapt to changes while consistently meeting deadlines.
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing; establish strong working relationships with employees, managers, vendors and maintain confidential and sensitive information.
• Comprehensive knowledge of HR systems, compensation laws (i.e. FLSA, ADA) and strategies.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
USA - Culver City - Studio Lot - CA01
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Entertainment Inc., a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.